Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally like that. I have said before on here I don't think Kane is worth what Spuds are asking for but then you just have to take a step back and realise it doesn't matter. If the club want that player and if they are happy to pay that fee then so be it. Sit back, enjoy the ride and enjoy the meltdown of other fans crying about us "buying the league".
Look mate I’m normally on the joke thread making other blues laugh, when you express an opinion on these threads a lot get there knickers in a twist, it’s just an opinion if some don’t like it, read it and move on, everyone has differing views on Grealish, if getting him in wins us the Chumps league well it will have been worth it..

Grealish for 100m is absolutely and utterly ridiculous - especially in this economic climate and transfer market.
When owners can pump up their own money while ffp is more relaxed, i dont give a damn :D best to enjoy the ride m8!

Why are you trying to sugarcoat it lol. It is what it is, we have bought him for 100m, I personally don’t think he is a 100m player at least for now. And I am not going to pretend that it is a bargain or that the deal makes sense in my head.
I don't think he's a 100m player either.
But could you show me where it says we've paid 100m for him, as in it's a done deal?

Apples and oranges.

Arsenal are a club that are sinking and badly need to turn things around. They're desperate to improve their defence, which is very shaky. They've got a young manager at the moment who's at a crossroads in his tenure, so they either back him to swim or let him sink.

We're very stable at the moment, winning, and have a glut of attacking options in and around the positions Grealish can play - namely a budding superstar named P. Foden. I really don't think he's going to 'move the needle' much, given the level of first string talent we already have. 100m in this market, for that position, is the type of money that should you get you a player who comes right in and grabs everything by the balls, automatic starter, changes the whole dynamic. I just don't see it. He'll be lucky to start the big games tbh.

In any case, the reaction of fans on here is completely predictable when the club gets called out for this of thing, so whatever. If we land Grealish but don't land a quality striker, supporters will be pissed.
First of all wait until we don’t land a striker then moan. Don’t complain over things that haven’t happened yet. Weird.
Bernardo looks likely to leave and Aguero left. That’s two positions and we have two players coming in. The price is what it is, for a fantastic player, only second to KDB in chances created last year (he was 60 mil what 6 years ago? Inflation?) years left on his contract with the buyers not needing to sell. We want him and have cash, we have structured a deal to secure a player our manager (the best in the world) and our board (one of the best run clubs in the world) want.

It’s a lot of money, I think you underestimate him though. Only 2/3 players we have are automatic starters, whoever we sign we’d be in the same position where they’d get a lot of game time but maybe not every game. It’s why we are the only team to consistently battle it out in all 4 competitions without throwing any. I get why people question the money, even the player if they don’t fancy them but your club is following through with the transfer and try supporting them, not saying the typical media bollocks why we should care about the current climate. We are ploughing money into another premier league football club, they will then spread that money to other clubs. Try a positive spin that during shit times we are spreading the wealth which benefits a number of clubs.

It means if your opinion differs to others on here, you get told to support someone else, get told you’re a crying or sometimes get abuse.
All for having an opinion.
I speak from experience : )
I’m the last person who is bothered about getting abuse, it’s water off a ducks back for me mate, what’s up saying we paid too much for Grealish ? nothing, it’s a forum after all.

We will find out who is right in the next accounts.. don’t trust any of the media reporting of the fee till our club say what it is..
If our accounts show we paid circa £75m, the media will still repeatedly say we paid £100m. Anyway, welcome to Manchester Jack (not itk!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.