City's budget

16m Angelino
11m Harrison
7m Nmecha
10m Sancho fee

this is less than 45m, I dont know what else is there which is an official sale that makes it up to 60m?
maybe if we convert it to euros?

couple more CFG players could be still sold, but lets see who and what fee before calculating with those amounts.

hoping we hold out for a fee for Bernardo closer to 60m than 40m but dont have my hopes up knowing Txiki and the sell prices we happily accept.
There are two sales of young players that are close:

Porro and Ilic. I heardPorro has a knee injury. If you take the sales you list and add the fees that have been mooted for Porro and Ilic you get to around £60m. I dont know if that's what Pep had in mind with his £60m sales

That’s awful. We’d be making a loss on 2 and that would be way below market value for all 3. Laporte and Bernardo are worth £70mil each, minimum.

Market value is what the market is willing to pay so if you get what the market is willing to pay you have, by definition, received market value.

Market value goes up and down like a bride’s nighty, it isn’t a fixed figure and making comparisons between a players sold is not at all reliable because market value is driven by supply and demand, which changes in the blink of an eye.
The result of covid devastating football finances is that, except for a few top notch players being sought by a few uber rich clubs, demand is pretty damn low at the moment.

Conversely; book value (asset value / what the selling club needs to receive to break even) is time bound reliable and fixed as it’s the sum paid divided by the number of years on the contract times the number of years left, or parts thereof.

Market value is what the market is willing to pay so if you get what the market is willing to pay you have, by definition, received market value.

Market value goes up and down like a bride’s nighty, it isn’t a fixed figure and making comparisons between a players sold is not at all reliable because market value is driven by supply and demand, which changes in the blink of an eye.
The result of covid devastating football finances is that, except for a few top notch players being sought by a few uber rich clubs, demand is pretty damn low at the moment.

Conversely; book value (asset value / what the selling club needs to receive to break even) is time bound reliable and fixed as it’s the sum paid divided by the number of years on the contract times the number of years left, or parts thereof.
Semantics aside, selling any of those players for less than £50mil is a travesty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.