Does the constant slander about City bother you?

There was an exceptionally sanctimonious Liverpool fan who used to get on my nerves at work. All the stuff about morality, ethics etc. Didn't like being told that his phone contained minerals mined by Congolese children or that his clothes were most likely made in a sweat shop.

"But those are essentials......"

Even better when Silver Lake put a cash injection into City, as Silver Lake also owned the company we were working at. He stopped talking to me when I said his actions contribute to our ability to spend, and I thanked him.
A few facts:

Liverpool were a shit second division team in the late 1950s until the Moores family with its money from Littlewoods Pools (gambling) rocked up and they went from spending 2-3 thousand on players to spending 20-30 thousand on players overnight. They subsequently bought all the success that followed.

Liverpool were front and centre at the beginning of the 1980s for putting an end to clubs sharing its home match-day revenue with the opposition thereby distorting the competition in favour of clubs with higher gate receipts.

In the 1990s Liverpool were front and centre in the creation of the Premier League and the G12 in Europe, both making sure that money went increasingly to the successful clubs at the expense of competition in both domestic and European football.

English clubs were banned from Europe for 5 years and have all-seater stadiums because of Liverpool.

Liverpool have failed FFP twice, once they weren't in Europe the second time to the tune of £50 million which was written off against investment in its new stadium which of course didn't materialize.

They gave us £l million having been found to have hacked our youth-team computer system.

They brick your team-coaches on those special European nights at Klansfield.

City, on the other hand, have been found to have failed FFP due to UEFA changing the rules on players wages AFTER we handed in our books to them.

And we're the bad guys.

Yeah it bothers me. It shouldn't but it does. We're a fantastic team for any neutral to watch and yet it's turned into 'anyone but city'.

The empty stadium nonsense bothers me too. Before we had money it was widely accepted that we were one of the best supported teams in the country but now we're successful we're told we. Ant fill the stadium despite the attendances figures proving otherwise.

We just have to get over it and keep winning.

Fan banter about money is water off a ducks back but I do get annoyed at the lowlife keyboard journalists on twitter and online who make snide remarks about us being a state owned club, and aiming human rights comments at the club when they completely dismiss the excellent work the owners have done for the community of Manchester. Bit by bit, the more they comment the more the the "derrrr" brained average supporter starts believing it.

See Prestwich_Blue's experience. This is just not about you and what you feel when you read these articles but what they have done to isolate and pressure individual blues who fought in the public domain for our club. Think on.

Well of course that was behind it but they went through years of social media stuff on here and Twitter. Rob Harris laughably caused me of being antisemitic, because I questioned whether he'd be supporting a Twitter boycott I and many other Jews took part in as a protest against antisemitism on that platform.

If anyone has kids at the Watergrove Academy schools in Rochdale (such as Wardle High) one of the leading members of this was (still is) an internet troll who was certainly working with Nick Harris. Him, Harris and I believe Corbett stalked people connected with some of us on LinkedIn and other platforms.

Rob Harris and Corbett seem to well connected in Qatar, and of course there was the diplomatic spat between Qatar and the UAE, Saudi et al at the time. Whether that played a part is a question I'd like the answer to.

On hols watching the match yesterday and the hostility that the press have stirred up was evident. Bunch of black London lads, cheering the penalty. One came between me and another City fan and the TV and shouted "I hate City". Not sure about banter, more about provoking us. Thinking the WhatsApp City shit stirrers cause. My dumb rag nephew drops City bingo crap in his messages and thinks I find it amusing banter. Twat on about empty grounds etc., and must have been to a couple of games in his life against a regular since the seventies. Should make me laugh but I'm bored of having to respond.

Liverpool were a shit second division team in the late 1950s until the Moores family with its money from Littlewoods Pools (gambling) rocked up and they went from spending 2-3 thousand on players to spending 20-30 thousand on players overnight. They subsequently bought all the success that followed.
They had 5 league titles before the 1950s!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.