9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have Mahrez, Gundogan, Jack, Ferran and to some degree Raz. I think we'll be fine. If we struggle, we'd have struggled anyway with a Striker. As it would be the lost talents of Kev and Phil that makes us struggle, not the absence of a striker.

Nah. With a striker we have some presence and a focal point. Without KDB & Foden the false 9 set-up could be a struggle. Will be interesting to see how we cope/set-up against Spurs next week.

He looks very lean and fit in the latest pictures,i suspect he means business one way or another.....definitely a make or break period for him here.

If we sign Kane he is going to be a second fiddle. Can't see him getting a place in the loaded midfield and wings we have. If we don't sign Kane it will be his last chance (make or break season) at the club.

Last edited:
Ignoring the holding midfielder there are 5 spots.

The guys who won't be playing midfield are
Jesus, Mahrez, Kane, Sterling, Torres

Ignoring the false 9 we could say
Kev and Gundo and probably Bernie are midfielders.

Foden and Grealish can do both but looked at numbers wise, we are going to need them filling in midfield when keV or Gundo are injured.

The lad didn't have a number on his training kit today. Everyone else did.

Read into that what you will. From my point of view, Kane is getting the number 9. Whether Jesus is waiting for a new number to be allocated, or for a move to be completed, we'll find out soon...
Hopefully he stays and takes the 33 back, always preferred him with that number anyway

Oddly enough, I remember saying much the same to my lad about Sergio Aguero and the number 16 shirt! He was better in the 16... but that was probably down to his age :-)

Aguero as number 16 : 107 goals in 164 games (0.65)

Aguero as number 10 : 153 in 226 games (0.67)

His numbers are almost identical (and much better as 10 if you take out last season) but I think we saw the best of him in number 16, he was never the same physically after 2014 when he had so many hamstring and leg injuries.

I wish we'd seen him without the injuries, almost as much as I wish we'd have seen Pep come in 2013 like we planned and the Mancini side got to play under him when they were in their peak years.

Aguero as number 16 : 107 goals in 164 games (0.65)

Aguero as number 10 : 153 in 226 games (0.67)

His numbers are almost identical (and much better as 10 if you take out last season) but I think we saw the best of him in number 16, he was never the same physically after 2014 when he had so many hamstring and leg injuries.

I wish we'd seen him without the injuries, almost as much as I wish we'd have seen Pep come in 2013 like we planned and the Mancini side got to play under him when they were in their peak years.
I agree. Interesting to see the numbers quoted... Off the top of my head, I wouldn't have thought his later figures were anything like earlier days.
Like you say, if Pep had come 3 years earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.