9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t he suspended for the semi and final of the copa? If that is correct not sure why he is not back and ready to play

Wasn’t he suspended for the semi and final of the copa? If that is correct not sure why he is not back and ready to play
Well he probably would have stayed with the squad until the end. And then he gets just as much time off as any other Brazilian player would have done. The fact he didn't play won't be a difference maker.

Well he probably would have stayed with the squad until the end. And then he gets just as much time off as any other Brazilian player would have done. The fact he didn't play won't be a difference maker.

Yes you are probably right. Just frustrating. Starting the season with no recognised striker is poor imo.

Yes you are probably right. Just frustrating. Starting the season with no recognised striker is poor imo.
We played most of last season without one. And sometimes when we had 2 available, we kept both on the bench.

Point being, I don't think starting the season without a Striker is an issue whatsoever.

We played most of last season without one. And sometimes when we had 2 available, we kept both on the bench.

Point being, I don't think starting the season without a Striker is an issue whatsoever.

Disagree. With Foden, KDB and to some degree Sterling we may get away with it like last season. Take them out and we will struggle.

Wasn’t it appealed and only got the outcome of the appeal late? I’m sure I remember Naymar I think loaning about it.

In the main I agree, a false 9 helps accommodate both Foden and De Bruyne with almost zero defensive responsibilities.

But without them two, godmothers may not be so easy.

I’d have zero problems with Jesus, Sterling and Torres as alternatives to De Bruyne, in fact i’d prefer it.

Disagree. With Foden, KDB and to some degree Sterling we may get away with it like last season. Take them out and we will struggle.
Well we have Mahrez, Gundogan, Jack, Ferran and to some degree Raz. I think we'll be fine. If we struggle, we'd have struggled anyway with a Striker. As it would be the lost talents of Kev and Phil that makes us struggle, not the absence of a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.