It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I especially liked when Pep also said this summer that we could not afford to pay £100m for a player.

He paid £70m for Ibrahimovic and fucked him off the first time he ignored his request to drive the club sponsored Audi instead of his Ferrari Spyder.

I recall Thierry Henry saying how he scored two goals and came in to the dressing room at half time Barca buzzing.

Pep subbed him and told him if he ignored his instructions again he would never play for him again.

I don't think Pep is blind to what Ronaldo has been as a player.

Has been, being the operative word.

You’re putting a lot of things that are very different in the mix as if they all answer to a same guiding principle. Generally I agree with you that Pep likes a certain kind of player and attitude. Usually, not always. But I am not seeing the evidence that Ronaldo is necessarily the antithesis of that. Public perception of “he’s an arrogant prick” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true. I also don’t think his game has changed that much.

Having watched Inter yesterday, it might have been a mistake not taking Dzeko in January. With him we would have had a better chance in that UCL final.

Kane has never been in the position to force the move.

He has three years left on his deal.

This is just about numbers and we would have already walked away from the table if our people didn't think we could make it work.

We haven't walked away. 30 years of football transfer business tells me this type of deal always gets over the line.
I agree i think we will get Kane, both sides would of shut it down by now, it reminds me of a chess game between Gary Kasparov and Bobby Fischer, :)

You’re putting a lot of things that are very different in the mix as if they all answer to a same guiding principle. Generally I agree with you that Pep likes a certain kind of player and attitude. Usually, not always. But I am not seeing the evidence that Ronaldo is necessarily the antithesis of that. Public perception of “he’s an arrogant prick” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true. I also don’t think his game has changed that much.

Having watched Inter yesterday, it might have been a mistake not taking Dzeko in January. With him we would have had a better chance in that UCL final.

I think we can agree that all the elite players are arrogant, even KDB comes across as being very sure of himself, and why not, when they always deliver on the pitch.

In regards to Ronaldo (and I still believe to this day that your fellow countryman was superior) I am only speak on what I observe.

He has generally made the story all about him.

Whether that be missing a penalty for United in Moscow, going off injured for Portugal in the Euro Final, to hitting the winning penalty against Atletico at the San Siro.

Christ, he even looked put out when Bale took the limelight in the other Champs League final with Atletico and the win over Liverpool.

There is a fine line between desire and playing for yourself.

I consider Benzema one of the great strikers of the past decade but nobody will hold him in such regard because he knew he had to take a back seat with Ronaldo.

I don't think Pep copes well with big personality players, probably doesn't need the aggro?

We should have taken that punt on Dzeko last year when his agent approached us.

In regards to Ronaldo (and I still believe to this day that your fellow countryman was superior)
Both of them... ;) Though not physically.

Whether that be missing a penalty for United in Moscow, going off injured for Portugal in the Euro Final, to hitting the winning penalty against Atletico at the San Siro.
Again, it’s not the same thing. How is going off injured making it all about himself? In fact, I think he was a spectacular leader in that situation, and their win went through his behavior. Missing decisive penalties happens to the best, including Messi.

Mendes always tries this type of shit.

He will have proposed something stupid like Bernie going the other way in a straight swap.

I don't want my club throwing that fake Ronaldo a fucking life raft.

Juventus are now paying the price for the same punt some Blues are suggesting is worth it.

Juve thought he could push them over the top to win the Champs League, having dominated a shit Serie A for a decade.

They have come nowhere near.

We are the club of David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne and even Gabriel Jesus.

Class whispers.

Leave the fucking rest to the likes of United, Paris and Madrid.

It's served us very well so far.
They paid alot more than we would. He doesn't seem to have caused any trouble at juve and has been scoring a lot of goals. For 25 mil even if we just won the league it would be worth it. If he won us the champions league it would be a steal. Im not saying its a move that we should do but we'd be mad not to consider it especially with levy not budging.

They paid alot more than we would. He doesn't seem to have caused any trouble at juve and has been scoring a lot of goals. For 25 mil even if we just won the league it would be worth it. If he won us the champions league it would be a steal. Im not saying its a move that we should do but we'd be mad not to consider it especially with levy not budging.
yeah 25 million, but you don't even think about his big salary? that would probably be close to 40 million.

yeah 25 million, but you don't even think about his big salary? that would probably be close to 40 million.
its apparently 25 million a year so significantly lower than what messi is on. I think we'd make that back in marketing and shirt sales especially with such a low fee. 25 million for a goal scorer who sells shirts doesn't sound like a bad idea. If we dont win the champions league its no biggy we didn't pay a huge transfer fee and he sold a lot of shirts. If we won the champions league he'd be a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.