Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is paying that for him. I like him but we’ve got Mahrez,Sterling , Foden and the invisible man who can all play right wing. The lad had a great game against Norwich and to be fair about 18 months earlier against Madrid.

Hopefully if he stays he gets a run out wide and shows he can do it consistently but for now forgive me for not getting too carried away. A 30 goal striker however will make a huge difference against a now very strong Chelsea side and possibly resurgent scousers.
I'd use Mahrez in the trade tbh if they want him. We probably would have to replace him 2 years down the line anyway, and with Sterling, Phil, Gabby and if no one wants Bernardo around I don't think we will miss him too much trading him with Ronaldo

I’d put Messi above him but even if you think Ronaldo before Messi it isn't by some distance.
Messi is comfortably the best football player who's ever lived. The comparison actually hurts Ronaldo - rather than just enjoying him as the relentless winner and goalscorer that he is, he is constantly measured against someone who no other footballer in the history of the game can compare with. I just want a striker at City, someone who can score penalties and headers and finish chances. Ronaldo is still that. The problem is that I can absolutely see us turning down one of the top five players of all time for £25m. Mad that I can see that, but I can. Just get it done, Txiki.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time city actually got a player for far less than was quoted?

-Sane
-KDB
-Laporte
-Dias
-Walker
-Rodri
-Grealish

Seems like we posture for months but ended up paying the original fee quoted or very close to it.

Only one I can remember being a semi bargain was Bernie which was kind of out of left field...
4 of those players had release clauses which we paid
Sane we made a profit and KDB is now priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.