It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning folks, although them numbers for ronaldo are eye watering anyone else still feel abit deflated the way the last 24 hours panned out? From thinking we had a goal machine arriving and it was so left field it was exciting, watching the ex rag players and fans kicking off about it to the quick flip and now we still dont have a striker and we ware getting ridiculed for losing out? A forward was the ONE area we HAD to fill this summer and if we dont it is a fuck up on the boards behalf to not back pep to the max!
Yep pretty much sums it up for me also! I’m hoping a home win today, and then a draw for the rags tomorrow will ease the pain….long season ahead with no striker. Hoping it forces peps hand with delap but I doubt it.

morning folks, although them numbers for ronaldo are eye watering anyone else still feel abit deflated the way the last 24 hours panned out? From thinking we had a goal machine arriving and it was so left field it was exciting, watching the ex rag players and fans kicking off about it to the quick flip and now we still dont have a striker and we ware getting ridiculed for losing out? A forward was the ONE area we HAD to fill this summer and if we dont it is a fuck up on the boards behalf to not back pep to the max!
City didn't buy a striker last season, yet we won the league as highest scorers.

There is more than one way to win a football league.

It not the player we have missed out on, but a huge PR nightmare.

It like scoring an own goal in the derby, signing Ronaldo would have utterly destroyed their moral and they knew it well, hence the desperate hijacking of the deal.

Short term damage, lets hope long term they will regret 'bringing him home'

Bit embarrassed at my own overreaction yesterday. A day later and I'm at peace with the decisions that the board have taken and they will continue to take. It's for the good of the club, sometimes for the short term but always for the long term.

Rivals can buy their Ronaldos and Messis, try to cage us by making transfer negotiations difficult (like the Villa owner trying to sell Grealish to Madrid, Levy not even picking up the phone, etc.), but we will win anyway because we have Kevin, Dias, Walker, Bernardo, Ederson, Foden, Sterling and so many other top class players. But most importantly we have Pep as our manager and Khaldoon as the Chairman of this massive club. As long as we have them, we will always compete.

Told we still have other targets.

They did brief the other day that Vlahovic was not a target, but landscape is changing all the time.
I suppose "any port in a storm" springs to mind but that would be a United fan appeasement move.

Unless of course any decent tall striker who puts himself about would change our policy of small false number 9s.

In fact a tall false no 9 would shake up the defences even if he is not a striker. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.