Email from City about ticket frustrations

There's been a host of failures leading up to where we are now. Too much complex change at once. Not enough planning and scenario analysis. Not enough system testing. Wrong approach to implementation. Failure to fully understand the impacts of decisions. Failure to resource up to meet customer needs. Too many issues that need manual intervention rather than being capable of being resolved online by users. And that's just part of the problems.

The question is how much latitude Danny really has. He reports to the new-ish CFG COO, Roel de Vries. Roel reports to Soriano. I doubt Danny took decisions unilaterally. So I don't think he should carry the can for any failures. Perhaps he just had to do what he was told, despite any doubts or misgivings he may have had. It's more important we learn lessons from this and that Roel de Vries builds an operational organisation that matches the football one. He's starting from a pretty low base so any improvement would be welcome.

My concern, as I've said before, is that there should be two separate organisation units. One specifically for City and another for the rest of CFG.

I couldn't agree more with the first paragraph of your answer mate.
I also think for far too long, we as match going fans have put up with at best mediocre service both in the ground and by the customer service part of City. This shit show with the tickets has brought it to a head and I think things will now change. I really hope so. We have a team and a club to be truly proud of, it now needs to be matched off the pitch. We need to keep the pressure up.

There's been a host of failures leading up to where we are now. Too much complex change at once. Not enough planning and scenario analysis. Not enough system testing. Wrong approach to implementation. Failure to fully understand the impacts of decisions. Failure to resource up to meet customer needs. Too many issues that need manual intervention rather than being capable of being resolved online by users. And that's just part of the problems.

The question is how much latitude Danny really has. He reports to the new-ish CFG COO, Roel de Vries. Roel reports to Soriano. I doubt Danny took decisions unilaterally. So I don't think he should carry the can for any failures. Perhaps he just had to do what he was told, despite any doubts or misgivings he may have had. It's more important we learn lessons from this and that Roel de Vries builds an operational organisation that matches the football one. He's starting from a pretty low base so any improvement would be welcome.

My concern, as I've said before, is that there should be two separate organisation units. One specifically for City and another for the rest of CFG.
When is the next City Matters meeting with the club, Colin?

1. Additional and fully trained ticket office and customer service staff based at the Etihad Campus. A purpose built, state of the art call centre on the Etihad Campus. End the out sourced calls to a call centre in......
2. An email department.
3. A live chat department.
4. The ticket office open every day from 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday, 10am-4pm on Sunday, with a minimum of windows open constantly.
5. A dedicated department to deal with supporter complaints and grievances.
6. 2 separate websites. 1 for everyday City news and features. The other for match tickets.
7. A total revamp of the separate ticket website to make it easier and clearer to buy tickets for individual fans, groups of fans(mates), families(bundles), etc.
8. Monthly updates on the OS via City Matters onp erformance targets(met), on-going issues, positive changes, etc.
9. Monthly meetings with groups of fans for a minimum of 12 months to discuss and get feedback on the ticket office and customer service improvements or on-going failures.
10. The end result. The fans will be happier. The club will sell more tickets and get more matchday revenue.

My man.

Couldn’t fault the young lady at the ticket office. Helpful, polite, and sorted out my ticket issue. Window 9. Thank you whoever you are. Asked her to print me a paper ticket out just in case. Ticket printer wouldn’t work. Lol! She got it working eventually.

As far as I am aware Danny Wilson does respond to emails. Whether to every one or not I am of course, not privy to that information, and I don't think that every City fans is. As @prestwich blue has said the CM people have put lots of concerns on his desk, and as most of the concerns were extremely similar i.e. can't download ticket to Android/iPhone, can't get through on the phone etc. then an email addressed to all fans is much less time consuming for a senior figure in the organisation than trying to respond individually wouldn't you think?
It is just a general apology & is the least expected ,but it is not answering individuals complaints/ concerns that are still on going
For a club of City's standing the whole situation has made a lot of City fans very disalusioned & City undoubtedly have made a right pigs ear of it

Yeh sent an email to supporters services having spent 3 and a half hours on the phone including being cut off after an hour trying to sort out issues renewing my season ticket. Didn't know who to complain too so sent it to them. Never got a reply so not sure if they had so many complaints they had to take some action. The whole e ticketing site needs to be scrapped for one that works. My grandson is on my friends and family list but it wouldn't let me down load his season ticket to my wallet. After an hour on the phone was told he had to log into his own account to download his ticket. I explained I tried this but as he has no email of his.own it wouldn't let me log on as you can no longer do this with a supporters number. Eventually a very kind supporters services guy got into his account and did it for me after a further two hours in a queue on the phone !! The only problem is as we're on all the cup schemes was told I would need to log into his account for all these tickets !! The whole system is fu-king shite looks like it's a cheap bolt on hardware packet that works will SAP they need to pay the money required to purchase the SAP hardware rather than penny pinching !!
Bloody hell what a headache
Hope you get sorted and it doesn't happen again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.