Email from City about ticket frustrations

The service we experience is a reflection of the club's contempt for us as supporters. We're certainly not valued as people with a lifelong bond to the club and we're not even treated as valuable customers. We're simply a problem that needs to be managed as cheaply as possible.

People who work for City don't need to support the club but they do need an understanding of what a traditional, northern, working class football club is and what it means to its supporters. Every decision whether it's branding, customer services, ticket office admin or 'matchday experience' reveals a chronic dearth of understanding of, and affection for, the club and its supporters.

The service we experience is a reflection of the club's contempt for us as supporters. We're certainly not valued as people with a lifelong bond to the club and we're not even treated as valuable customers. We're simply a problem that needs to be managed as cheaply as possible.

People who work for City don't need to support the club but they do need an understanding of what a traditional, northern, working class football club is and what it means to its supporters. Every decision whether it's branding, customer services, ticket office admin or 'matchday experience' reveals a chronic dearth of understanding of, and affection for, the club and its supporters.
We are the comparatively skint, pesky 'legacy fans' sadly.

1. Additional and fully trained ticket office and customer service staff based at the Etihad Campus. A purpose built, state of the art call centre on the Etihad Campus. End the out sourced calls to a call centre in......
2. An email department.
3. A live chat department.
4. The ticket office open every day from 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday, 10am-4pm on Sunday, with a minimum of windows open constantly.
5. A dedicated department to deal with supporter complaints and grievances.
6. 2 separate websites. 1 for everyday City news and features. The other for match tickets.
7. A total revamp of the separate ticket website to make it easier and clearer to buy tickets for individual fans, groups of fans(mates), families(bundles), etc.
8. Monthly updates on the OS via City Matters onp erformance targets(met), on-going issues, positive changes, etc.
9. Monthly meetings with groups of fans for a minimum of 12 months to discuss and get feedback on the ticket office and customer service improvements or on-going failures.
10. The end result. The fans will be happier. The club will sell more tickets and get more matchday revenue.
1. Completely agree.
2 & 3. I'd rather have a multi-skilled team that can do any of chat, email & phone, so the right resources can be mobilised to meet demand.
4. I'd prefer problems to be dealt with without people having to make the effort/go to the inconvenience of going to the ticket office but there are scenarios where a trip would be useful.
5. We're supposed to have a Supporter Services team but I'd like SLA's like they have in the Finance/Banking sector where companies have to respond initially within 2 working days then, if a complaint isn't resolved at first point of contact, to respond formally within 8 weeks.
6. We have a separate ticketing website but it needs to be more user friendly & intuitive.
7. See 6.
8. I like this idea
9. Ditto.
10. Agree.

1. Completely agree.
2 & 3. I'd rather have a multi-skilled team that can do any of chat, email & phone, so the right resources can be mobilised to meet demand.
4. I'd prefer problems to be dealt with without people having to make the effort/go to the inconvenience of going to the ticket office but there are scenarios where a trip would be useful.
5. We're supposed to have a Supporter Services team but I'd like SLA's like they have in the Finance/Banking sector where companies have to respond initially within 2 working days then, if a complaint isn't resolved at first point of contact, to respond formally within 8 weeks.
6. We have a separate ticketing website but it needs to be more user friendly & intuitive.
7. See 6.
8. I like this idea
9. Ditto.
10. Agree.
I’d hate to find mate that the club would think that in time all of this anger and frustration just passes away and we all go back to being happy clappers. This shitstorm has created lasting damage, and even though it’s affected me far less than others, I would like to think that you and the others on CM make sure the club are aware they’ve right royally fucked up and bridges need to be built/rebuilt. It’s been an utter shambles and a disgrace.

I think the e-mail was sent on the back / reflection of ticket sales.

No game so far has sold out this season, I doubt we will get 30,000 tonight if we are lucky.

Fans have been left frustrated on how we been treated and now they on trying damage limitation
There’s only 1500 left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.