Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Look at all those empty seats! Must be a small club! Says absolutely nobody...

Sorry, I know its petty, and no disrespect to Dortmund at all with tongue firmly in cheek. But that's what irritates me on all of this. We have as many "empty seats" as any big club but are the only side where fans and media seem desperate to actually count them and make a big scene of it.

Last comment from me on this subject for now, but if you think the media are in the least bit fair in their comments towards our support then you need to get your head out of your arse.

Never mind about atmosphere, Haaland is going to be the best striker of his generation. What a player!

We need to go balls out for local support. It's the bedrock of the club. Family.
Totally agree. The Kippax is why we have the fan base we enjoy today but we’re not going to last for ever. What’s planned to generate the next legacy support? Not piecemeal kids for a quid or random cheap returns imo. Priority should be consistent cheap access for 16+ yo locals over corporate. Corporate just to get Toby in commercial some nice graphs and his bonus before he moves on. It’s not in the long term interest of our club.

D841B02A-A4C1-47C3-AC1E-634D9FA338B7.jpeg865C3575-AC43-4115-B20A-AFABB71CDEEA.jpeg

Look at all those empty seats! Must be a small club! Says absolutely nobody...

Sorry, I know its petty, and no disrespect to Dortmund at all with tongue firmly in cheek. But that's what irritates me on all of this. We have as many "empty seats" as any big club but are the only side where fans and media seem desperate to actually count them and make a big scene of it.

Last comment from me on this subject for now, but if you think the media are in the least bit fair in their comments towards our support then you need to get your head out of your arse.

There is a 25k cap in Germany.

What is affordable to a person in a high paid job is maybe not affordable to people on Zero hour contracts or on a part time wage
There is no reason whatsoever for games that are not going to sell out to charge an adult an kid £20
It's nothing to do with empty seats but getting youngsters interested in going to the games
For some people going to the game it is a way of life
For others it is a treat £65 for some Premier League tickets (really )
If we get a couple of thousand new kids going to the games every season the future will be bright
We are one of the best supported clubs in Europe but we must put a bit of effort to maintain our younger fan base
After Wycombe game we will have had about 130.000 fans at Etihad in under a week
That is a figure we should all be proud of

spot on mate. We should be proud of our fan base and the unique culture and humour that we have. I’m sick of our fans being slagged off. We get bigger gates then most teams, were there when we were shit and in the main support the team no matter what.

we aren’t United or Liverpool fans. We are a proper supporter base that will go to city games no matter what. Couldn’t care less if we don’t win anything

we just need the club to stop caring so much about corporate fans and more about the fans who make the club what it is

Watched the Spurs v Chelsea match. A big London derby. Both sets of fans hate each other. A new 63,000 capacity stadium. A 17,000 capacity safe standing South Stand behind the goal.

Even before Chelsea scored their 2 goals the atmosphere was dire. Spurs sang their usual 3 or 4 songs every now and again, mainly in the 1st half, and that was it.

The Spurs v Chelsea atmosphere wasn't a patch on any of our 3 home atmospheres. 2 of those matches were against Norwich and Southampton, with both clubs selling less than half of their away allocation.

Some people on here who criticise the atmosphere at the Etihad, especially this season, need a reality check. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad this season is the best so far in the PL is up for debate. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad is one of the best so far this season in the PL isn't up for debate. Because it has been and is.

Last edited:
Watched the Spurs v Chelsea match. A big London derby. Both sets of fans hate each other. A new 63,000 capacity stadium. A 17,000 capacity safe standing South Stand behind the goal.

Even before Chelsea scored their 2 goals the atmosphere was dire. Spurs sang their usual 3 or 4 songs every now and again, mainly in the 1st half, and that was it.

The Spurs v Chelsea atmosphere wasn't a patch on any of our 3 home atmospheres. 2 of those matches were against Norwich and Southampton, with both clubs selling less than half of their away allocation.

Some people on here who criticise the atmosphere at the Etihad, especially this season, need a reality check. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad this season is the best so far in the PL is up for debate. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad is one of the best so far this season in the PL isn't up for debate. Because has been and is.

Attachments

• 8E1BFD01-56BF-4AF9-A60A-064B16E965A9.jpeg
    8E1BFD01-56BF-4AF9-A60A-064B16E965A9.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 96
spot on mate. We should be proud of our fan base and the unique culture and humour that we have. I’m sick of our fans being slagged off. We get bigger gates then most teams, were there when we were shit and in the main support the team no matter what.

we aren’t United or Liverpool fans. We are a proper supporter base that will go to city games no matter what. Couldn’t care less if we don’t win anything

we just need the club to stop caring so much about corporate fans and more about the fans who make the club what it is
I used to take my Niece
She been home & away with our family for donkey years
but She not gone for about 10 years
She got two young lads & she a single mother
I would treat her but it about £100 for tickets alone before she set of ( if she could get 3 together)
Ok Wycombe game alot cheaper but to get kids interested don't think that game would work
I've treated em to club tour instead
Must be thousands of families liked my Niece but City would rather target the big spenders who would fu*k off like a rat up a drainpipe once we started slipping up instead of hard up local fans

Pricing has always been the key with City attendances. Fans are generally from the local area and it is and always will be a family club. Generally we have always struggled to get big numbers in for midweek games.

I remember going to watch us play Juve in the UEFA Cup and there weren't many there. I only decided to go last minute as I had the spare cash. Most others aren't going to trek into Manchester and back midweek with kids for a game that's on TV and is expensive. That's true of people without kids too.

Hamburg quarter. Think it was like £15 a ticket. Packed out. Sound electric. Game meant something. Price was affordable. Fans turned up.

If the club want fans then they have to price it right. BT sport showing every CL game means plenty will stay put. PSG will be a big crowd but Leipzig was never going to be.

Let's see what the Carabao Cup attendances are like this midweek and see what the media think.

Pricing has always been the key with City attendances. Fans are generally from the local area and it is and always will be a family club. Generally we have always struggled to get big numbers in for midweek games.

I remember going to watch us play Juve in the UEFA Cup and there weren't many there. I only decided to go last minute as I had the spare cash. Most others aren't going to trek into Manchester and back midweek with kids for a game that's on TV and is expensive. That's true of people without kids too.

Hamburg quarter. Think it was like £15 a ticket. Packed out. Sound electric. Game meant something. Price was affordable. Fans turned up.

If the club want fans then they have to price it right. BT sport showing every CL game means plenty will stay put. PSG will be a big crowd but Leipzig was never going to be.

Let's see what the Carabao Cup attendances are like this midweek and see what the media think.
I am with you Hamburg was only a fiver
You are correct pricing works
Wycombe is cheap but not cheap enough to get people out of there armchairs in 10s of thousands to watch a second string team
Saying that over 130.000 fans will have been at the "Emptihad" in less than a week
Most clubs in the World would die for that sort of support

Hard to get an atmosphere going thesedays anyway. You need to be stood up, had a few pints so you don't give a fuck, have a group of lads around you/nearby who are joining in or starting chants, know that when you start singing everyone around you's gonna join in.

You need standing areas for this I reckon.

Also, depends on the game, we don't tend to get all giddy for every single game. So what? Turn up for the occasion though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.