Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Hard to get an atmosphere going thesedays anyway. You need to be stood up, had a few pints so you don't give a fuck, have a group of lads around you/nearby who are joining in or starting chants, know that when you start singing everyone around you's gonna join in.

You need standing areas for this I reckon.

Also, depends on the game, we don't tend to get all giddy for every single game. So what? Turn up for the occasion though.
Or you just sing and don’t worry if people
join in with you or not. You will never win the raffle if you don’t buy a ticket:

It’s not easy but nobody else is going to do the singing for us.

We don't have fans from England in charge, just overseas business people, thought needs to be put into creating the area fans would want, not a bit of extra corporate cash, can you imagine putting the away fans in part of the Kop or stretford end for fucksake, stick them in the lower section of the North stand until it is extended.

We don't have fans from England in charge, just overseas business people, thought needs to be put into creating the area fans would want, not a bit of extra corporate cash, can you imagine putting the away fans in part of the Kop or stretford end for fucksake, stick them in the lower section of the North stand until it is extended.
Away fans were in the Kippax for most of my time at Maine Road mate. If people want a good atmosphere then fans have to find their voices regardless of the design of the ground. The reality is that Southampton’s 1,500 out-sung the South Stand, despite the regulars singers best efforts.

Last edited:
Watched the Spurs v Chelsea match. A big London derby. Both sets of fans hate each other. A new 63,000 capacity stadium. A 17,000 capacity safe standing South Stand behind the goal.

Even before Chelsea scored their 2 goals the atmosphere was dire. Spurs sang their usual 3 or 4 songs every now and again, mainly in the 1st half, and that was it.

The Spurs v Chelsea atmosphere wasn't a patch on any of our 3 home atmospheres. 2 of those matches were against Norwich and Southampton, with both clubs selling less than half of their away allocation.

Some people on here who criticise the atmosphere at the Etihad, especially this season, need a reality check. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad this season is the best so far in the PL is up for debate. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad is one of the best so far this season in the PL isn't up for debate. Because it has been and is.
Let’s not get carried away. As I keep saying, when you’re in with where the singers are it always seems loud and a good day in there sounds brilliant. But the rest of the ground are too quiet and to the rest of the ground the singing areas are hard to sing along to, sometimes you can’t tell what’s being sung, sometimes you can hear two songs at the same time from the two areas, often most of the ground have no idea about the words to the song that’s being sung, and there’s been a mid-game silence from the singing sections in every game so far.

Every atmosphere this season has been just okay, as a stadium on the whole.

Last week's relentless jibes ground me down. I quit social media a long time ago to avoid it but every fucking meeting at work, every lame, recycled gif doing the rounds on WhatsApp, just sick of it now.

Yes, it's absolutely down to me to 'grow a pair' and be more thick skinned, and I've been okay with it for years, but last week got me really fed up. Maybe because it felt completely avoidable and was self-inflicted.

Watched the Spurs v Chelsea match. A big London derby. Both sets of fans hate each other. A new 63,000 capacity stadium. A 17,000 capacity safe standing South Stand behind the goal.

Even before Chelsea scored their 2 goals the atmosphere was dire. Spurs sang their usual 3 or 4 songs every now and again, mainly in the 1st half, and that was it.

The Spurs v Chelsea atmosphere wasn't a patch on any of our 3 home atmospheres. 2 of those matches were against Norwich and Southampton, with both clubs selling less than half of their away allocation.

Some people on here who criticise the atmosphere at the Etihad, especially this season, need a reality check. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad this season is the best so far in the PL is up for debate. Whether the atmosphere at the Etihad is one of the best so far this season in the PL isn't up for debate. Because it has been and is.
Always find it a blessing when Spurs fans don't sing

Away fans were in the Kippax for most of my time at Maine Road mate. If people want a good atmosphere then fans have to find their voices regardless of the design of the ground. The reality is that Southampton’s 1,500 out-sung the South Stand, despite the regulars singers best efforts.
Really didn’t sound that way from my seat in 122. Heard a couple of choruses of the Saints marching in and that was it. Our fans were far noisier all the way through.

Really didn’t sound that way from my seat in 122. Heard a couple of choruses of the Saints marching in and that was it. Our fans were far noisier all the way through.
I’m in 209. We started off really well and then fizzled out from what I heard. I could hear the Saints louder mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.