Harry Kane

Levy phoning City, trying desperately to resurrect the Kane sale in January, accidentally rings the ticket office and is on hold for 5 hours. Hangs up in the end.
More likely that he gets cut off when he finally gets to the front of the queuing system!

Until a few seasons ago he had never scored in August, considering he hasn't played from the start of the season and not had a normal pre-season plus a full Euro tournament it's not surprising he hasn't scored and hit the ground running (in stellar competition, no one cares about Europa conference qualifiers).

Would love to know what our plan B was in case 'arry stayed a Spud.
Rightly or wrongly there wasn’t one. Pep made it clear on a few occasions that he would be happy to go with what he had. Wherever he felt differently in private we don’t know but it seems on the surface it was always Kane or nobody.

Rightly or wrongly there wasn’t one. Pep made it clear on a few occasions that he would be happy to go with what he had. Wherever he felt differently in private we don’t know but it seems on the surface it was always Kane or nobody.
Other than Haaland,who wasn't ever an alternative but more another possible option should the stars align....then who else was available that fitted our needs?

I think Kane was a one off in the same way Grealish was.

Who would have thought that a player who publicly pushed for a move via Gary bloody Neville doesn't have his heart in it anymore?

No one won in the Kane situation, but I think City were right to hold firm on our valuation.

That said, I would still take him - I feel he would have made a difference vs Southampton and put away one of the few chances we created. That's what this side is missing and despite his poor form, he's an elite goalscorer.

I'd personally still test Levy's resolve again in January if his form for Spurs continues, but again on our terms. If he continues to be stubborn, move on for good and leave him to deal with the mess he's created.

Haaland would be the dream, but when it comes to it, I think the club would bottle it on the wages/agent fees front when someone like Madrid/United/PSG comes in after months of hearing how we are confident of signing him.

Last edited:
In the space of about 4 weeks, Spurs fans have gone from demanding £150m + Laporte and Jesus to saying he should be dropped. Lol.

I think it's too early to say he's finished or even that he won't end up having a decent season for Spurs, but right now it looks like everyone lost with that transfer not being completed.

He reminds me a bit of De Bruyne, in the sense that while he is their best player, it can be painful to watch him playing himself into form after an injury etc. Fans of both teams often comment that the team looks more balanced and fluid without them. But you have to persevere with them both because on form they are game-changing players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.