Harry Kane

Fuck him. He wanted the best of both worlds and it’s bit him on the arse. If this move was so important to him he could have moved heaven and earth to make it happen but instead tried to keep his reputation with the fans intact by playing the innocent.
This was never a transfer that was going ahead without him 100% forcing it and when push came to shove his arse went.
Enjoy mediocrity Harry.

I doubt that, myseld. Messi didn't get his move (to us reportedly) last summer. Still had a hell of a season with some top performances, even then supposedly changing his mi f and deciding to stay at a less competative side in decline. Mahrez didn't have a dip in performance after he was denied a move having handed in a transfer request and been fined. There are many examples out there.

It is early in the season, but for me any poor performances by Kane are predictable, and not as a result of emotionl devastation, but more a hangover from the euros (at which he was generally not great), his general lack of performance in big games. Sure there will be some disappointment. But he chose to announce he is staying with a few days left for a deal to happen, has commited to the club that has been his home, the fans, and the cause. The performances should reflect that.
Messi has won evertything in the game,he didnt need the move - the two are chalk and cheese.And Mahrez was not the most at a pivotal stage of his career where his legacy,which is no where near Kane's in terms of being one the biggest names in the game to win fuck all,depended on a move.

I'm not sure he had any choice but to announce he was staying in an effort to dodge the backlash that would have materialised had he not.

players at spurs generally get worse once levy refuses the their move, see eriksen, Alli etc. Kane will have a lesser season.

Messi has won evertything in the game,he didnt need the move - the two are chalk and cheese.And Mahrez was not the most at a pivotal stage of his career where his legacy,which is no where near Kane's in terms of being one the biggest names in the game to win fuck all,depended on a move.

I'm not sure he had any choice but to announce he was staying in an effort to dodge the backlash that would have materialised had he not.

Valid points.

We are both guessing and calling what we see. I see a player that has previously often not performed in big games, coming back of a relatively poor international tournament. I put his one or two early performances to just his general pattern, no more than that. You think it is down to disappointment at not getting his move. Could well be, and would be understandable. There is every chance joining us would have given him a new burst of energy, and there is every chance he would have had just as slow a start here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.