The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Again, as always, my issue with brexit was never leaving the EU, it was the shower of dicks who would be in charge of it, and yet again they have proved they are incompetent fucking idiots who haven't planned for anything which was obviously going to happen. I am a remainer, I am being inconvenienced by this shit, but it is the fault of our fucking government who I did not vote for. As for your last line about avocados, I really don't know how I'm going to survive without them. I mean, my maid has already said the pantry is nearly out of them. What do I do?
Then your irk should be in the direction of Tory voters just as a starting point. The problem is people are only concerned about their own bubbles. If that is the case then others bubbles are not going to be bothered if others suddenly pop.

As for the avocado I'm not very posh. I remember asking for a cumsquat once at tesco and the woman slapped me.

I bought an apple instead.

I actually need petrol, gonna look like a right twat
I'm taking the bus to work tomorrow, just so I don't have to look like a twat.. actually I'm gonna cycle to work, hmm, that makes me look like an even bigger twat though.. I'm gonna walk, it's only 8 miles and nobody ever saw a guy walking and called him a twat. Only problem is me tools, I might have to make 2 trips

This is getting boring now.

I’ve got to drive to my dads birthday tomorrow a couple hours away. I’m low on petrol - am I a ‘virus’ ‘selfish prick’ and god know what else that people are spouting.

Most people need petrol in the incoming days especially for their work etc.

it’s totally understandable people are rushing to fill up as who knows how long this disruption could last.
It’s pretty straight forward isn’t it? If you need petrol get it, if you don’t then don’t.

Then your irk should be in the direction of Tory voters just as a starting point. The problem is people are only concerned about their own bubbles. If that is the case then others bubbles are not going to be bothered if others suddenly pop.

As for the avocado I'm not very posh. I remember asking for a cumsquat once at tesco and the woman slapped me.

I bought an apple instead.
My irk is pretty much firing all over the place these days, pretty depressing days to be living through.

This is nothing to do with Brexit.
This is nothing to do with Covid.
This isn't to do with selfish people.

This IS to do with the press.
They latched onto a possible shortage, linked mainly to BP garages.
So they go overboard warning everybody that the fuel will run out. Forgetting to mention that only a small portion of garages would be affected.

They are doing the same with possible food shortages. Sensational headlines just to generate clicks.

They are causing these panics, and should be punished for it.
Of course they will roll out "freedom of the press" issues.

It's the same with recessions. They don't just happen unless there is a natural disaster.
They start by talk of a possible recession. That gets people nervous, so they stop spending/investing.
Before you know it, we have an actual recession.

Last edited:
The most frustrating thing about this is that there will be some people out there who need fuel now, as a matter of urgency. But you can bet a pound to a penny of shit that the majority of these imbeciles, who are puppets to the 24-hour social media propaganda cycle, don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.