31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs how many times has he saved us. Who would you rather have ?
has he "saved" us all that often, really? don't know if that's the angle i'd take. also, you don't have to retreat to this response of "WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE??" every time a player receives criticism. it's boring.

More involved in the second half than most games so more opportunities to make a mistake, one of which he took.
Still 4 goals conceded in 9 PL games, not really time for the glass half empty brigade to reach for the panic button.

Not particularly often. Hugely overrated due to his phenomenal left peg and nonchalance. Yes he suits our style but as a shot stopper he’s very average. The scouse keeper is miles better for a start.
Imo you are totally incorrect apart from "he suits our style". You must think goalkeeping is easy or missed a lot of games he's played. I have no wish to see Alisson start for City, he makes more mistakes than Ederson over a season, as for being "miles better", that's OTT rhetoric like the stuff failed politicians inflict on those willing to listen.

has he "saved" us all that often, really? don't know if that's the angle i'd take. also, you don't have to retreat to this response of "WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE??" every time a player receives criticism. it's boring.
Maybe if you are bored then it is an angle you should consider. Ederson conceded a penalty and miskicked twice today, on the other hand he saved more shots on goal today than we have conceded in the previous 8 games, not his best day, not his worst. Imo there is no other keeper I would prefer to have right now and I didn't need any effort to courteously answer bluemick1' s question and share his reaction.

There has never been a keeper in the history of football who didn’t concede goals, or make mistakes. Ive seen countless keepers over the years “star” for shite teams, diving here, there and fucking everywhere to make worldie saves, only to look absolute shite when they play for a better team and face fewer shots. Look at Pickford.

We might be able to find a better shot-stopper, but what use is that when we rarely face any shots? It is far more important that our keeper is able to get involved in the play and he does that perfectly. Eddie is the best keeper in the world for this City side.

Not particularly often. Hugely overrated due to his phenomenal left peg and nonchalance. Yes he suits our style but as a shot stopper he’s very average. The scouse keeper is miles better for a start.

If you think Ederson makes too many errors, watch Alisson for a full season, you'll be shocked.

Ederson has been good and he really fits our game. Wouldn't want any other gk at the moment

If you think Ederson makes too many errors, watch Alisson for a full season, you'll be shocked.

Alisson would fundamentally change the way we play for the worse. I know people seem to have it stuck in their heads that shot stopping is the only important quality in a keeper but we use ours as the first point of attack. Alisson's shite at that.

I wouldn't mind but we've had four seasons of it working a charm and it's been the same so far this time around.

I get that he has areas for improvement and I get that a superior shot stopper would have been a better fit in the Mancini days.

But we're way better than that these days for a whole load of reasons. Ederson is one of them.

I wouldn’t be he had a dodgy spell last season other than that he’s been world class consistently. Every keeper makes mistakes prime Schmeichel did for the scum. Difference between Ederson and someone like Alisson is he rarely makes top saves and has chocolate wrists. Alisson and the real top keepers are also much better in one on ones. Great passer though and a great watch out Eddie just nowhere near world class as a shot stopper.

I wouldn’t be he had a dodgy spell last season other than that he’s been world class consistently. Every keeper makes mistakes prime Schmeichel did for the scum. Difference between Ederson and someone like Alisson is he rarely makes top saves and has chocolate wrists. Alisson and the real top keepers are also much better in one on ones. Great passer though and a great watch out Eddie just nowhere near world class as a shot stopper.
What a load of nonsense.

"Rarely makes saves and chocolate wrists."

Ive read somethings on this forum in the years ive been here but that is right up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.