10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!
true! nevertheless i have not seen anyone have a counterpoint to the above fact. Jack has indeed has more skillsets to play the no8 role than Gundo. Sure if you put him there tomorrow it would be a downgrade but need to remember gundo has learnt the position in 5 years here, when he was here in the inital years he was close to useless. People have short memories. If you put Jack in no8 and let him learn for a year he will reach heights Gundo can never in terms of pure midfield dominance

true! nevertheless i have not seen anyone have a counterpoint to the above fact. Jack has indeed has more skillsets to play the no8 role than Gundo. Sure if you put him there tomorrow it would be a downgrade but need to remember gundo has learnt the position in 5 years here, when he was here in the inital years he was close to useless. People have short memories. If you put Jack in no8 and let him learn for a year he will reach heights Gundo can never in terms of pure midfield dominance
Sorry, mate, I was poking fun at your typo, 'skillets'!

Anyway, my guess is that Grealish and Foden will eventually move back, as heirs to KDB and Gundo. (Let's hope Bernie stays to complicate things.) I'll be very happy if Jack can match Gundo's levels the last couple of years – and he may well do. However, I wouldn't say it's a cast-iron certainty.

I spoke about Jack on TalkSport last week, in opposition to the hammering he was getting.

He’s in a difficult spot at the moment in terms of the public narrative. We watch him week in week out, but others see low statistical output in G/A, then see him benched for the derby and think he’s had a stinker.

Jack will be f*cking top for us. His primary issue at LW is the underlapping Cancelo (the lad is made for an overlapping WB instead), and having no true target man attacking the space in the box.

His secondary issue is just a matter of time. Who ever comes into a Pep team and fires on all cylinders from the off (other than our Kompany reincarnate at the back)?

Third issue is kind of also a matter of time. He’s going to be our Free #8 as KDB’s powers wane, no doubt about it. He’s been devastating in his cameos there, I just don’t think Pep trusts him enough yet to make the right decisions, especially with tempo control (Edit: and workrate on the press). He’ll get there and he’ll be ace.

Gundogan : " in the inital years he was close to useless." !!!!!!, only when he was not playing due to serious injury. What have you been watching Gundogan on ? a transistor ?. Jack will find a place on the team but he won't play no 8 "for a year" to learn, he'll have to play where selected like the rest of our players until he settles in. I don't understand why you downplay Gundogan's abilities, have you no appreciation of his career achievements,how many times have you watched him since 2008, it can only be a misguided effort to "big up " Jack. Jack doesn't need that type of childish comparison, he's good enough to follow his own path.

Gundogan : " in the inital years he was close to useless." !!!!!!, only when he was not playing due to serious injury. What have you been watching Gundogan on ? a transistor ?. Jack will find a place on the team but he won't play no 8 "for a year" to learn, he'll have to play where selected like the rest of our players until he settles in. I don't understand why you downplay Gundogan's abilities, have you no appreciation of his career achievements,how many times have you watched him since 2008, it can only be a misguided effort to "big up " Jack. Jack doesn't need that type of childish comparison, he's good enough to follow his own path.
I didnt read that he was downplaying Gundogan's achievements, but it it true he was the boo boy for a long time "Peps pet" when he kept getting picked. Even when his game clicked (after coming back from serious injuries and integrating into a Pep team) and he was integral to the unbeaten run that won us the league he was still undervalued as a result of the poor previous form he had had where he was learning the way Peps teams play.

Jacks progress will be like Gundo, Bernardo and many other players coming into Pep's teams. Once it clicks I am convinced he will be up there with those guys, fully bedded in midfield of Grealish, Foden, Bernardo? Yes please.

I didnt read that he was downplaying Gundogan's achievements, but it it true he was the boo boy for a long time "Peps pet" when he kept getting picked. Even when his game clicked (after coming back from serious injuries and integrating into a Pep team) and he was integral to the unbeaten run that won us the league he was still undervalued as a result of the poor previous form he had had where he was learning the way Peps teams play.

Jacks progress will be like Gundo, Bernardo and many other players coming into Pep's teams. Once it clicks I am convinced he will be up there with those guys, fully bedded in midfield of Grealish, Foden, Bernardo? Yes please.

You don’t want Grealish to be moulded by Guardiola - he’d become average. We paid £100m for a mercurial player, not some dull component in a system.

I want us to to use him like Modric; allow him to improvise from a central midfield position, carry the ball, borrow it to others. Let him control the entire game.

Absolute nonsense.

Gudno was a world class player before he signed for us, we got him and on the cheap because of a serious injury.

50 plus caps for Germany shows the mans class and apart from said injuries you could have doubled that tally.

IF Grealish becomes anywhere near Gundo's level he will have done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.