Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Tram - Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport / One hour one minute / £4.60
Train - Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport / 16 minutes / £3.50.

You can get to Liverpool in half the time from Victoria.

I've said it so many times it's just a vanity project. For moving people around the city and suburbs it's expensive and rubbish.
I think the Met could work really well if we had a fully integrated public transport pricing structure (that Andy Burnham has been promising for years). If you could buy one cheap ticket and any form of public transport within one day buses and trams would be far busier.

If I solely relied on public transport for City I could either get a bus to the met stop (paying for both separately and journey takes over an hour for around 7/8 miles) or I can get a bus to a train station into picc then either walk or get the met... that would cost over £12 easily. I might as well get an uber!

I think the Met could work really well if we had a fully integrated public transport pricing structure (that Andy Burnham has been promising for years). If you could buy one cheap ticket and any form of public transport within one day buses and trams would be far busier.

If I solely relied on public transport for City I could either get a bus to the met stop (paying for both separately and journey takes over an hour for around 7/8 miles) or I can get a bus to a train station into picc then either walk or get the met... that would cost over £12 easily. I might as well get an uber!
There is a tickets that covers all 3 but you can only use it off peak its £10 for a day.

Yes, they dump old underground trains on the I of W Railway But with the D stock itshad Diesel engines added (COP26 take note) and is destined for large parts of the network outside the SE - where of course the same stock was considered ‘life expired’ and needed to be replaced.
The latest rumour is that Rossendale council have hinted that they want to run old underground trains on the East Lancs Railway from Bury to Rawtenstall as an hourly service, they even released bare proposals for it. Unfortunately it seems they forgot to discuss this with ELR who actually run the heritage trains on there as they released a statement which was basically, WTF?

Yes, this is the problem for many in the GM region, it really annoys me. The only way to get direct to the Etihad for me is to change buses and while I can do that, it makes it a 2 hour journey for about a £5, or 1 hour bus+tram at £10. Not to mention the 20 minute walk to the bus stop I have at the start. It's 9 miles for goodness sake, it's no wonder we end up driving.

Copied this from the Guardian this week.

A train driver in Japan is suing his employer after it docked ¥43 (28p) from his wages over a one-minute delay that he claims was not his fault.

West Japan Railway Company (JR West) said it withheld the tiny sum by applying its strict “no work, no pay” principle over the incident, which occurred in June last year.

The driver, who has not been named by Japanese media, is seeking the ¥43 plus ¥13 overtime, as well as ¥2.2m damages for the mental anguish caused by his employer’s decision, according to the Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper.

The case is a reminder of the Japanese railway network’s enviable record on punctuality, with even very brief delays prompting repeated apologies to passengers
The fastest Japanese passenger train (Maglef) travels at 268 mph. They are testing a new train at present that has reached 357mph. The average speed for trains on the Manchester to Leeds route is around 30mph. That is how far we are behind advanced nations. It is a national scandal.

The fastest Japanese passenger train (Maglef) travels at 268 mph. They are testing a new train at present that has reached 357mph. The average speed for trains on the Manchester to Leeds route is around 30mph. That is how far we are behind advanced nations. It is a national scandal.
Got faster trains here in spain. It’s a disgrace.

The latest rumour is that Rossendale council have hinted that they want to run old underground trains on the East Lancs Railway from Bury to Rawtenstall as an hourly service, they even released bare proposals for it. Unfortunately it seems they forgot to discuss this with ELR who actually run the heritage trains on there as they released a statement which was basically, WTF?
I'd prefer to go on Thomas the Tank Engine.

Ah, but anything faster than 30mph would be deemed "too risky" in today's climate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.