31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is he?

28 he is nowhere near his peak as a keeper, which shows how good he is.

Teams are all about not only ability but how players integrate into the team. Hence why as a club we don't have ego's and wannabe's .

The grass is always greener but in my experience, be careful what you wish, it is often inferior.
I would agree with that. Ederson to my mind fits the profile of the club. He is certainly good enough, the outfield players seem to have confidence in him and he seems a well respected member of the squad and a low profile professional. In addition, he seems to me to be a very likeable sort of bloke, so as far as I am concerned, I wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the world at the moment.

When it comes to distribution, command of area, or sweeping, you'll struggle to find a keeper better than Ederson at any of them.

But he could definitely still improve in other areas (although he is better than many detractors suggest). He'd probably tell you the same himself, before putting you in a headlock for shits and giggles.
Absolutely no one in the European leagues has anywhere near the range of passing that Ederson has. He is completely unique in that regard. His passing is better than many outfield players.

Again, I disagree on his abilities.

Who is better, that would get in our team in from of him?

The Donut thief? Alison?

Martinez at Villa; I’d send Steffen their way in part exchange.

A top keeper who makes the saves Ederson doesn’t is essential IMO if we’re ever going to win the Champions League.

A top keeper who makes the saves Ederson doesn’t is essential IMO if we’re ever going to win the Champions League.

Sacrificing Ederson’s ability on the ball for a keeper that would make the odd wonder save IMO would do us way more harm than good. Especially in the champions league.

Have we forgotten Barcelona away pre-Ederson? Amongst other examples that season where a half arsed press was catastrophic for our goalkeeper.

You've got that the wrong way round (as usual) we don't win the CL without having Eddie being the integral part of our 11.
Im pretty sure you're on here to wum at this point because nobody can be so stupid to not see how important Ederson is and replacing him with a better shot stopper but losing everything else would be beneficial. Nah, not having it, nobody can be that daft.

I’m stunned that Ederson comes in for the flack he has on here. He’s vital to the way we play, and when your outfield players can dominate, the way we do, the less you need to rely on your keeper to make wonder saves.

I get that we should be striving for the best players we can in every department, but I can’t think of who out there would offer the same skill with their feet AND the shot stopping improvements. We’re in the enviable position that our defence is playing at a really high level and our advanced players are scoring the goals we need. Add in a top striker and I seriously think Keeper Kyle would do well enough for us to win 90% of games.

Aside from all that, personally I think he’s a brilliant keeper and makes all the saves you’d expect him to. We’re talking very small margins that other keepers may be ahead, in certain departments, and it really isn’t a necessary “fix”.

I’m stunned that Ederson comes in for the flack he has on here. He’s vital to the way we play, and when your outfield players can dominate, the way we do, the less you need to rely on your keeper to make wonder saves.

I get that we should be striving for the best players we can in every department, but I can’t think of who out there would offer the same skill with their feet AND the shot stopping improvements. We’re in the enviable position that our defence is playing at a really high level and our advanced players are scoring the goals we need. Add in a top striker and I seriously think Keeper Kyle would do well enough for us to win 90% of games.

Aside from all that, personally I think he’s a brilliant keeper and makes all the saves you’d expect him to. We’re talking very small margins that other keepers may be ahead, in certain departments, and it really isn’t a necessary “fix”.
I know all of us on here are playing draughts to Pep's chess, but not being able to see what Ederson does in terms of positional play, passing from the back, and distribution up the pitch, pinning defenders further back than they might like, is basically playing snakes and ladders to our draughts. It's so astoundingly obvious. Listen to the awe other keepers talk about him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.