Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Fri 7th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big side physically ……Kayky will get eaten alive !
Front 3 of Grealish / Palmer / Jesus
Swindon hoping we play lots of youngsters as they fancy their chances against such a team.
Their defence is weak point, but midfield and forwards are handy. Don’t underestimate them….
Not sure where you get that from....99% of the posts on their forum will be happy to keep it under 5, I don't think a single post said they hope we play youngsters and they'd fancy their chances.
Also, they have a 'tall' back line...but physicallity is one of their weaknesses, according to their own fans.

Would rather play more youngsters and lose than risk injuries. Kev, Bernie, Ruben, Cancelo, Foden, Rodri should not start or possibly travel for this one.

I would hope we give a coupe of youngsters a chance in this.

This is a League Two Team.

Palmer for one, and Kayky for a debut surely. Then McAtee who's agent/father probably aint happy with the lack of opportunity this season, also hope a loan deal is being found for him for 6 months. He can play 15-20 games in Champo opposed to 50 minutes he can expect at City first team.
and maybe one of youth defenders who cna play on the left assuming if Zinchenko still out with covid.or move Ake to left and ply a youngster CB.

what I dont want to see is Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo playing 90 minutes in this game. but Pep might do that, he has track record of things like this.

if the game is tricky and we are not 3-0 up then bring on KDB, Jesus etc.

there are no replays so goes to extra time worst case scenario. but against Swindon I bloody hope not...

You’re going to disappointed. Full strength apart from Steffan and Palmer.

You’re going to disappointed. Full strength apart from Steffan and Palmer.
I think that will probably be right. It would be great if McAtee could get some minutes as a sub though.

Personally I would be ok with playing a team with several youngsters and non-first choice players in it.

I think the team was running on empty at the end of last season and the players did not have a big performance left in them for the Champions League final. Going out of the FA Cup early would be a bit dipperish but I think if we can get the league wrapped up early and have no domestic cup distractions then we could have a great chance of winning in Europe.

Swindon will be used as match preparation and getting some player that recently getting recovered from injury to get their fitness level back. So i expect almost first team player and only one youngster on lineup.

Steffen
Walker Stones(if fit) Ake Zinchenko (covid allowing)
Fernandinho Gundogan Mcatee or Foden if available
Palmer Sterling Grealish

Would rather play more youngsters and lose than risk injuries. Kev, Bernie, Ruben, Cancelo, Foden, Rodri should not start or possibly travel for this one.
Fortunately your not the manager and pep will want nothing less than winning....any manager at any team, and there are plenty in the FA Cup, that puts a weakened team out, not worrying about losing should be sacked before getting back to the changing room at full time. Otherwise there is literally no point being involved in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.