Swindon Town (A) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Fri 7th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd trust Pep to order me a chip muffin and not have eaten any of the chips, but with these Cup games, Cup Final in this instance for Town, a mixture of kids 'n returning players, never having taken the field before, conjures up a feeling of Wigan on a cold wet evening with The Alty Tit waltzing around with the whistle, desperate to flourish a red card.
Given the players have in effect two weeks off I'd play all the kids and if it's a "giant killing" or not, I couldn't give a stuff. Save our energy for the league and the CL.

Pep never ever plays a lot of youth players, even in fixtures like this, and will want to keep players on the boil for Chelsea. Palmer might start, but I'd be really surprised if any others do - would love to see a few of them get game time, though.

Pep never ever plays a lot of youth players, even in fixtures like this, and will want to keep players on the boil for Chelsea. Palmer might start, but I'd be really surprised if any others do - would love to see a few of them get game time, though.
Think you're right, probably two kids maximum start this. Palmer and Mbete are the ones I think will start

I wouldn’t mind seeing a similar number of young lads as the Wycombe at home game.

For once, I’m not too fussed if we go out of the FA Cup like we did the EFL Cup this season… not the best attitude to have and not one I’ve had in the past and I won’t have it in the future neither, but for once I just want to concentrate on the Prem and CL this season while Covid is still here and we only have a small squad I think the more reasonable fixture list will benefit us.

Right, in @MAG 's great fixture list there's even a
13-day gap between Soton away and FA cup R4.
We'll see.

Yeah I think that's the gap I'm thinking of, almost certain he'll take them away for some warm weather training around then.

Yup, Pep also called it the "international break" after Southampton, when he was counting game by game on what to focus next, he said something like "next in the FA Cup then Chelsea next then Southampton then international break, we'll see" ... I think that's when club has plans for Abu Dhabi trip, as it's two full weeks out. We play Sat 22nd Jan, then nothing till February 9th (Brentford - H), Feb 5/6 could be the FA Cup 4th round should we win our next game ...

Have just updated the calendar with all of Feb TV listings too ...

Yup, Pep also called it the "international break" after Southampton, when he was counting game by game on what to focus next, he said something like "next in the FA Cup then Chelsea next then Southampton then international break, we'll see" ... I think that's when club has plans for Abu Dhabi trip, as it's two full weeks out. We play Sat 22nd Jan, then nothing till February 9th (Brentford - H), Feb 5/6 could be the FA Cup 4th round should we win our next game ...

Have just updated the calendar with all of Feb TV listings too ...

I think South American players have international break during that period

He started 6 academy players vs Wycombe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.