Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various media are reporting what are listed as real time salary figures for 21/22, from a site called Spotrac.

Do these look right @Prestwich_Blue?

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

1Manchester United F.C.£227,686,200
2Chelsea F.C.£162,642,000
3Manchester City F.C.£143,156,000
4Liverpool F.C.£139,178,000
5Arsenal F.C.£99,765,273

The following are by annual salary for players at each club from the same site, these figures seem to be widely quoted across most media.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/

Not seen that before, but it has City keepers earning 2.4M. Is Ederson only on about 40k/week?

I guess It's all without bonuses.

It won't be for that much I'd imagine but even if they do look at it, decide it's not an "associated party", or it is but fair value, it still won't be accepted by those shouting about it.
Didn't I see somewhere that the people who run the hotel are from Hong Kong? Presumably it would be them the deal is with.

Didn't I see somewhere that the people who run the hotel are from Hong Kong? Presumably it would be them the deal is with.
Interesting that any deal done by city with any entity in the middle East comes under scrutiny from the authorities and media alike as to whether they are linked to the club in any way, yet when other clubs e.g. rags/scousers set up with US companies there is no reaction (at least not publicly or by the media). Smacks of institutional prejudice/racism to me, far bigger than just football or city. Alan Davies' podcast probably sums up the views of many media outlets in this country.

I honestly fail to understand why anyone but a Liverpool football club fan would read the Liverpool Echo, it's purely a mouthpiece for the club. Even Everton fans don't read it. You might as well read rawk or redcafe and take everything written there as gospel.
Probably done what I did and looked on newsnow. I sometimes can't help but look when I see a ridiculous looking headline

Alan Davies here, the daft racist.

At least they don’t have anything whatsoever to do with any of those horrible Middle Eastern countries. Not their shirts, not their stadium, not anything.
As moral guardians of football, I can’t imagine them signing a deal with the Rwandan government either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.