Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fit and proper test being talked about for players!

The people who started this off were those who said the state should ban racists and people they didn't like. Look what happens now?

We all have our opinion on what is fit and proper. You can be certain that only City fans will regard our owner as fit and proper.

I know we are not quite there yet and this is talk but the point is this talk is mainstream now. Who got us there? The so called liberals who are introducing authoritarian state in the name of social progress. Always done that way
Well if there is, then there is a certain player who plays for a team based at a unit on an industrial estate in Greater Manchester who committed rape (anal with lacerations as per medical report from the victim at the time) who is openly allowed to play football and is lauded by all on main stream media platforms and who is openly praised without any mention of this!?!

In addition there is a signed statement from this player who admitted the rape by stating he heard the victim say no several times (statement disappeared apparently now), he also settled out of court, he was subsequently taken back to court where his defence team said the evidence was illegal as the publication Der Spiegel had obtained them illegally via hacking (ironic much).

He has some very good friends in the media, one being a certain Gary Neville, yep that Neville the world renowned fighter of justice in football and for the general public with political ambitions, as said though I don’t think this information is very widely known about and certainly isn’t just not ever mentioned or talked about as surely somebody would stop this player from being able to play football wouldn’t they?

Abramovic was sanctioned and a host of other Russians. There is a leap to take to take down the next 'rogue state' and owners linked to them but that leap is not impossible to imagine.
The “not impossible” is always imaginable, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Indeed, from posters feedback on BM, it would appear American owners would be in as much trouble as any ME owners…and we know the powers that be don’t want that Pandora’s Box opened!

I take it you are all talking about Esteemed Kompany (@twosips on here)

I like Steven and I think he represents us well. He often says that the financial side bores him and is not what football should be about. He is absolutely right…in fact it always used to be just about the footy itself but seems to have changed for the worse in recent years.

That said Neville is getting away with murder at the moment and you can surprisingly drive a truck through his arguments if you follow the financial side. In particular I would like to know which sponsor he has a problem with and what level he thinks it should be set at and why? The thing is most deals have clauses which state they pay more if a club is successful. City have been successful whereas United have not. So it isn’t that unusual that we get paid more. By his own admission we are also a better run club so our Marketing Department should also function better than theirs too unsurprisingly.

I digress. Given that he isn’t a financial expert Steven plays to his strengths and does a good job in the time he has. He takes no shit and chooses his battles. I admit I was shouting at the screen when Neville set off on his crusade unchallenged but you know what? If I was there I would not have got my point over as professionally as Steven got his across.
I largely agree with this. Steven is a smashing guy and does what he does pretty well. The club certainly seem to be happy with him, which means they feel he represents us well. But I'm going to take issue with one thing.

In my opinion you can't be in his position and not be interested or have some knowledge of the key financial issues. You can't say you're bored by them. That's the main line of attack of many of our critics and, if he's representing City fans in front of other football fans and ignorant, ill-informed pundits , you have to be able to speak up and defend us. You don't need to be an expert on the minutiae of FFP, as I (sadly) am but you have to have a grasp of the basics. I'm always available to help if required.

I largely agree with this. Steven is a smashing guy and does what he does pretty well. The club certainly seem to be happy with him, which means they feel he represents us well. But I'm going to take issue with one thing.

In my opinion you can't be in his position and not be interested or have some knowledge of the key financial issues. You can't say you're bored by them. That's the main line of attack of many of our critics and, if he's representing City fans in front of other football fans and ignorant, ill-informed pundits , you have to be able to speak up and defend us. You don't need to be an expert on the minutiae of FFP, as I (sadly) am but you have to have a grasp of the basics. I'm always available to help if required.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment, that platform was a lose lose for him and any City fan.

Any blue who tried to defend our financial operations in that environment would be made out to be some crackpot City, fundamentalist with his head buried in the sand by the likes of Neville, Spitty and the other uninformed fans next to him, like that brum rag, who had a snide dig himself.

That is then damaging to his own ‘brand’ & the content which he produces, which is then hijacked by dipper and United bots in comment sections etc. It’s a vicious cycle and the way of the modern world.

For me, any alluding to (or in Neville’s case out right saying) that City’s commercial revenues are built on false, inflated contracts are seriously libellous claims, and failing evidence to back said claims, should be dealt with by the clubs legal department, not it’s fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.