Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
Biggest load of bollocks I’ve ever read on BM, congratulations on a ridiculous post that will never be beaten in the “shittiest post of the 21st Century”

thought their lot looked fucked second half, they have games every three days for a month and a half. Now they could win everything but I just don’t think they will. I also have a sneaking feeling Villarreal have another surprise up their yellow sleeve. City’s first eleven are better than theirs. Chins up lads.

Tbh it was more my first para that prompted that post, but yeah, wouldn’t really disagree there.
I assume you’d try and off load him this summer and bring in a new no2 keeper?
I think our future looks good with bazuma and Trafford but they are not ready yet. Like Sam Johnstone at wba or even try and get meslier from Leeds but it’s the settling for games that’s the problem . Eddy plays tiday and he saves at least 2 of them goals .

Can we put to bed Zinch, Ake, Steffen are the same quality as those they replaced.

Bag of nerves, too slow, indecisive.
Get away with 1 of them but 3 in a back 5, disastrous in our game plan.

Should have changed tactics, no playing about at the back lads you just ain't good enough.

Bizarrely, had the Dippers arses going late on which seemed unbelievable.
Yes the fucking about at the back did my head in, I actually feel sorry for Steffen cos the players in front of him did him no favours. Just for once we should have played the percentages, balls over the top and turning their centre backs could have worked and gave them a work out. Instead they had most the afternoon off.

Did we ever struggle to play the ball from the back like today ?

I remember when Pep first came, we struggled to play his way at beginning, but today was even worse.

Every goal kick for us put us in dangerous situation, every through out we find it difficult to keep the ball.

The team was disconnected on all lines.

Will Grealish or Raheem ever do well as a CF/False 9 ?

Its hard to understand Pep sometimes

Our best LW ( Foden ) is playing in the middle

Our best RW ( Raheem ) is playing as LW

Our only striker is playing as RW

Our 100m player is playing outside of his favorite position.

If we go on to win the PL and CL. + Chelsea win the FA cup. This will be forgotten quickly. Right now, it just feels like we've handed Liverpool a golden opportunity to win a quadruple. If that happened, i don't think i could continue watching football.
Tell you what mate they are in a once in a lifetime position to do it and it could happen . We need to beat Real Madrid and anything like today we go out . Sterling cannot play in that game .

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.
OMG. I hope you feel like a proper dick when you re-read that when you're sober. Worst take ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.