Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Yet he is our top scorer.

After watching us in the late nineties I watch our players now in awe. Mahrez,Jesus and Sterling get unnecessary criticism from our fans. Every single one of them are brilliant players and anyone can miss a chance and make the wrong decision but that is football.
Some of the skill from Mahrez last night was sublime
I watched us in the late 80s, all the way though the 90s, and I agree our players now are much better.

But I don't think comparing Mahrez favourably with Peter Beagrie etc is particularly useful in any way.

He's clearly a talented player and had some nice touches last night.

But he also fannied out of challenges that cost us goals and made selfish, arrogant decisions in the final third that could have put the game to bed.

He's obviously talented, but he's in it for himself and his decision making is often poor

I watched us in the late 80s, all the way though the 90s, and I agree our players now are much better.

But I don't think comparing Mahrez favourably with Peter Beagrie etc is particularly useful in any way.

He's clearly a talented player and had some nice touches last night.

But he also fannied out of challenges that cost us goals and made selfish, arrogant decisions in the final third that could have put the game to bed.

He's obviously talented, but he's in it for himself and his decision making is often poor
Lol

For those blaming mahrez and our attack(I mean 4 goals is embarrassing:-)) let’s do a Rafa use some facts and let it sink in with a few as to what our problems in Europe have been.

2016-17 Monaco scored 6 against us and we are out(total goals conceded in Comp 16 from 10 games)

2017 -18 Liverpool scored 5 against us and we are out(total goals conceded in comp 12 from 10 games)

2018-19 spurs scored 4 against us and we are out( total goals conceded in comp 10 from 10 games)

2019-20 Lyon scored 3 in one off game and we are out(total goals conceded in comp 9 from 9 games)

The year we should have/looked like we were going to win it apart from that bloody Chelsea game.

2020-2021 13 games played 5 goals conceded and never more than 1 in any game, 8 clean sheets. 25 goals scored.

2021-2022 total goals conceded In comp so far 13 from 10 games.

Definitely nothing to do with how we play defensively in this comp. It’s Mahrez and Fodens fault.

Our defence will improve, theirs wont though
Except Casamerlo
They were there for the taking last night and we didn't take advantage.

Some poor defending cost us cheap goals, no idea why Laporte just ran and ran backwards without going over to challenge him, the handball for the penalty was unlucky though.

I can't see what they can do to improve their defence next week but we will have Cancelo back which will improve us so confident we can see the job out although as Pep says we will have to SUFFER.
Does anyone else think that Ediison could have made Vinicious play the ball earlier, just by going out to meet him? He only had Benzema in the box with two of our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.