Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

It's a good thing football is perpetual because that was tough one to take.
Pep and the team need to assure we capture the league and forget about the Champions League until the day before next year's draw.

The good thing about the champions league is once you're out it's easy enough to not give a fuck about who will or won't win it.

If we played the dippers, we would beat them easily. Klopp's team are scared of us and Pep would also apply some pragmatism to his game management, if this game was against the dippers, after the Mahrez goal we would become more conservative.
F2CD158C-7406-4466-85DC-20F42AE56382.gif

Fernandinho for Mahrez 85 mins, and Pep celebrated with him coming off.

Changed the game and meant we had no fire power to score again.
Pep was already thinking of Newcastle.

Wasnt like Madrid had any come back in them and had done it before in other games...................."Oh wait"

Meaning we had to throw the last Man ever i wanted to see come on and pretend to try and save the day. Watching him trip himself up, fall over, and tackle himself and still lose possession.

Don't forget Grealish nearly scored twice before they scored. Just needed a little luck there. They had their luck from the flick on for their second goal. We should have managed the game better of course. Wasted time, gad a few injuries, so on.
We knew that as soon as they went in front the fake injuries would start. Ref didn't even play the three minutes - should have been five.

Man City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BT Sport: "We were close. We were close. But in the end we could not reach it.

"It is simple. In the first-half we did not have game, we were not good enough. But we did not suffer much. After we scored the goal we were better. We found out tempo and our game and the players were comfortable. It is not like in the last 10 minutes they attack and attack and you suffer. It didn't happen. They put a lot of players in the box, with Militao, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Benzema and they put in crosses and scored two goals.

"We didn't play our best, but it is normal, a semi-final, the players feel the pressure and wanting to do it. Football is unpredictable, it is a game like this. We have to accept it.

"Now we need to process that and come back, with our people at home and the last four games we have."

Kev was surprisingly ineffective tonight and kept giving the ball away. He looked like he was out on his feet. Maybe due to being one of the older members of the team.
He was part of a cast of players who didn't prove themselves on the biggest stage

Utter bollocks

I hope I’m wrong but the fact we’re still talking about Monaco, Lyon and Spurs shows how these defeats stay with the club. The fact everyone remembers 93:20. That defeat will sting for years.

When Liverpool win the champions league every single player at the club will think, we could have won it.

After managing the Atletico tie so we’ll we were naive as hell for 7 minutes and it destroyed our season.

I honestly think we’ve probably fucked the league tonight as well.

Hope I’m wrong.

Very nervous about Sunday, but on the upside I’ve got Monday off so I can at least have a few bevs at the match and numb the inevitable pain.
Have a good day ,
Clearly the better side but too many poor performances amongst that. Kev and Mahrea (goal apart) were terrible and Foden non existent, Laporte has always got an error in him and Ederson rarely pulls off saves when needed.
cheers fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.