Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Stick #manchesterairport in the search box on Twitter - it seems that it's pot luck where some days people breeze through without a problem whereas on others they are queuing all the way along the tunnel between terminals at 3.30 AM.

We have a TUI flight from T2 in a few weeks and we've already made the decision to travel with carry-on items only.
It must be soul-destroying to queue for hours to check your luggage in only to then have to join another 2-hour queue for security.

We thought about using the twilight checkin-in the day before but then there's the under-pressure baggage handlers to consider and the worry that the chance of your luggage turning up in the wrong country must be massively increased under current operating conditions. And the potential two-hour wait to offload them all on return.

Oh for the golden age of travel in 2021 when there weren't as many travellers!
Hand luggage only makes getting through airports so much easier. Nowt worse than waiting by the carousel after a long flight.

A few people on here asking if fast track is still available. As far as I know it is but there are only so many places available to book and when that number is reached they stop selling.

Hand luggage only makes getting through airports so much easier. Nowt worse than waiting by the carousel after a long flight.
Indeed. 10-night holiday in the sun, mostly shorts and T-shirts, so the standard carry-on case should be comfortably enough. We've been on loads of 2- and 3-night breaks where we manage with a rucksack each, so a whole case will be luxury!

Anyone know if passengers with very young children and pushchairs still get put in their own queue/fast tracked?
I went through fast track last week and asked the same question as we are flying out in a months time with kids and buggies. They confirmed you didn’t have to book fast track as a buggy and kids gives access to priority lane. They did emphasise it’s the buggy that gives the priority.

I went through fast track last week and asked the same question as we are flying out in a months time with kids and buggies. They confirmed you didn’t have to book fast track as a buggy and kids gives access to priority lane. They did emphasise it’s the buggy that gives the priority.
Cheers, we’ll definitely be taking ours then :)

Anyone had any good or bad experiences this week, we are due to fly on Saturday so are curious. Seems to have gone quieter on the news about this but not sure if that's because it's got any better...
Flew out saturday (14th)
Flight was at 5.55am
Got to T2 at 2.50am
Took around 1hr 45mins to get through check-in/bag drop & security
Seems everyone decided to get there early and the queue was very long even before the check in/bag drop even opened.
Was fucking boiling aswell so take some water - you’ll need it

Flew to Dublin on a 10pm flight last Friday. 15 mins to get through check in and security, no problems at all.
As other posters have said, the very early flights seem to be the problem.
Watched our match on Sunday in the Ha'penny pub across from the River Liffey, nearly threw myself in it at half time ;-)

Last edited:
For anyone interested they now have the security waiting times for each terminal on the home page of their website..

Went through T2 around 7am on Tuesday for work, Massive queues
Did the same on Weds .. no queues
Tuesday at that time must have more flights on so i suppose its still hard to judge depending on which day you fly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.