It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think some might well be forgetting the importance of what some of the more experienced players bring in terms of when they're not in the starting lineup.

Some of these players who are passed their best or who don't make it into the starting eleven are a vital part of what galvanises the team during big moments and when the pressure is on.

You only have to look down the road at the Cauldron of Piss to see that it's not as easy as saying "this player is better than our current one" and binning ours off for someone else's.

The winning mentality, willingness to show support to a teammate who is their rival in the starting eleven and all those other intangibles are not as easy to find as looking at a player for a couple of games and saying "he's got a nice first touch" or "he's much better defensively."

It looks like we're going to be losing various players who are important to the mentality of the squad as a whole and I think it's going to be harder to find adequate replacements than some seem to believe, even if the players we're after are in their physical prime.
All of the above is true and is well understood by the professionals running the club. Equally, sometimes a squad needs freshening up and the arrival of top quality, ambitious players gives everyone a lift.

I think some might well be forgetting the importance of what some of the more experienced players bring in terms of when they're not in the starting lineup.

Some of these players who are passed their best or who don't make it into the starting eleven are a vital part of what galvanises the team during big moments and when the pressure is on.

You only have to look down the road at the Cauldron of Piss to see that it's not as easy as saying "this player is better than our current one" and binning ours off for someone else's.

The winning mentality, willingness to show support to a teammate who is their rival in the starting eleven and all those other intangibles are not as easy to find as looking at a player for a couple of games and saying "he's got a nice first touch" or "he's much better defensively."

It looks like we're going to be losing various players who are important to the mentality of the squad as a whole and I think it's going to be harder to find adequate replacements than some seem to believe, even if the players we're after are in their physical prime.
True. Though I think Dias and Haaland have old heads on young shoulders.

I'm not convinced Gundo is going this summer. He and the club might be happy for him to run his contract down to next summer. Seems to me it's a possibility he will go more than a certainty.

Have the club briefed that Gundo is definitely going?
I agree. Losing the only players who can cover Rodri at the same time, who both know “the city way” seems bonkers.

There’s no great resale value for Gundo and he won’t be desperate to leave. 12 more months please Gundo.

Also meant to say that whoever comes has to be able to take on a leadership role. Can’t they all be youngsters
I’m sure Kyle ruben kev and big John will step up and take more responsibility . Can see haaland being a big character in the dressing room as well next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.