16 | Rodri - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most astute posts I’ve read in here in a long time.

He is the heart and lynch pin of this team when it’s working.

For me, he is the most underrated top player in the League, and it’s because he just goes about his business like an assassin…not making waves or drawing attention to himself, just getting the job done…and well.

To even attempt to pass the ball into the bottom corner of the goal in that situation, from 20 yards out, was outrageous. To slot it in? Well, that’s just ridiculous!

Love, love, love this player, and feel he is just getting started in this team.

He needs a quality back-up/complementary player next season, so he can stay fresh and fit.

To me, he epitomizes a City player of the Colin Bell ilk. That’s as high a compliment as I can pay him.
This is not a criticism of KDB but he receiving the awards this season shows the farce they are, all awards are political given to the chosen favorites.

KDB is a magnificent player, without doubt one of the worlds finest but this season he has had an average season by HIS STANDARDS.

Early season he looked broken, a shadow of himself, he has fought back incredibly well, produced incredible moments but has never reached his levels of normal consistency. Hopefully he will get a decent rest this summer, he needs and deserves.

Rodri what a man he is turning into and yet again another man born in another part of the world who gets this club and it's people, he is one of us.

The POTS for me was between Bernardo and Rodri. Early on in the season i think Bernardo was untouchable, his levels were just off the chart and some have forgotten. But when it comes to consistency and actual clutch moments for us, Rodri is the winner IMHO. He seems to have levelled up in strength, never phased and always plays the right ball. It helps he's tall as fuck when it comes to corners as well, add Haaland to the mix and we are slowly going to have a pretty tall side! Amazing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.