Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 seperate and thruthful comments made.

We have received a number of complaints about the comment you made on article "UEFA under pressure from multi-million pound sponsors like Heineken and PlayStation as they 'demand answers' over Champions League final chaos after VIPs 'were tear-gassed and targeted by violent gangs' with Liverpool and Real Madrid fans"

All 4 seperate comments removed due to complaints by Liverpool fans.

After being reviewed, 2 seperate comments reinstated.

This is how Liverpool fans work. This is just one way they surpress truthful facts.
Its also their downfall. Much the same way as manu. They get giddy, their pundit fanboys start demanding this that the other.... 30 years of them being told by the media that theyre the best, This is Our Year (tm), its not their fault. Brendan rogers was supposed to be "The One", Andy Carol was the one, Ballotelli would be the catalyst to win the league. Roy fkin Evans (Keep it in the family) would continue the glory....

Their grace and favours are a double edged sword imo when there are ex players like Neville sticking the knife in

A long story short. After LFC won the prem a couple of seasons ago, the group of "mature" lads I played football with had a discussion on WhatsApp regarding the feral behaviour of the supporters who set the liver building on fire. One press report said it was a stray firework. I pointed out that LFC supporters get away with outrageous antics and the press make excuses "it's never their fault"
I was immediately called out by a couple of scousers who accused me of disrespectful language in regards to the Hillsborough victims
I did however receive this message from a really nice bloke who follows Liverpool home and away

I am sure those Liverpool fans aren’t the only bellends that follow clubs. But I have seen this sort of thing with LFC fans before. In Barcelona and Basel and at the parade last year. They think they can do whatever they want and won’t get punished and the Club need to call it out because it is getting out of hand and giving us a bad name and rightly so. I was in the seats above the pens at Hillsborough and saw what happened. I also had to get through the pissed up thousands outside with no tickets trying to force their way in. My take on Hillsborough is a bit different from the majority of Liverpool fans and not that popular. There was blame on all sides but the avoidance of accountability and the length of time to get to the truth is the shameful part and you have to respect the families and Dalglish for fighting to get justice. It was tragic and a tragedy. The new generation of fans need to respect the memory of the 96 and act accordingly rather than using it as an excuse to justify their perceived victim status which they wear as a badge. Rant over. See you next time

Ain’t nobody got time to write texts that long.

Have you seen much of him playing?

There was an article in The Athletic today, and a lot of his numbers are impressive (albeit they're mostly based on his goal scoring stats and so only really based on one good season).

However, his passing completion is apparently in the bottom 1% of all strikers in Europe. That surprised me for Benfica, as I'd assume they pass a lot, and sure enough every other first team regular is in the 80-90% range, while he's at 67%.

Curious as to why that might be, and whether it's a quirk of the way Benfica play.

Because he’s shit at passing?

Is there something wrong with you?
"Polite manner"!!!! Not something I am that used to on here.
But your phrasing is in fact very polite/understated. I think what you actually meant is....why are so many of "your fans" complete wankers/fuckwits/cunts (delete as appropriate)
And I cannot deny that at all. It is that fine line (as fine as in a Liverpool VAR decision) between having a love and faith in the team you support and being completely blinkered.
Of not thinking for yourself or gathering information from varied sources before you reach an opinion and then say it or put it in print.
Football as in politics to a degree incite that tribalism and inability to think rationally sometimes.
As I have said before, I like to think i am "reasonably sensible" now, but in my younger years I look back at some of things I did and said/sang on the terraces and am almost disgusted with myself.
Sadly not everyone, particularly in football matters looks at themselves.

Thanks for responding, I,d like to think most on here would post in a similar vein if there wasn't such frustration at the nonsense levelled at us as a club and fanbase from all and sundry.

It nice to hear an acceptance that you have an element of -

complete wankers/fuckwits/cunts (delete as appropriate)
And I cannot deny that at all.

I am right in reading that as acceptance ?

I agree it's a fine line between having a love and faith in the team you support and being completely blinkered.

And therein lies the problem, show me one source that has questioned/probed the narative that Liverpool fans have been harshly treated in Paris, even better a thread on a liverpool forum where decent fans (there has to be more than one, surely :-) ) are calling out the halfwits.

Just look at the "Apology to the club" thread on here as an example, lots of sympathy by many for a moment of madness, yet just as many holding poor Meldrew to account and that he deseverves all he gets.

Now imagine the uproar on here if our genuine fans had been denied access to a Champions league final by some of our own. Bluemoons finest would have completed an indepth investigation and identified said individuals by now, with a thread on ways to seek retribution.

What you wouldn't see is a circling of the wagons and fingers in our ears while feining outrage at any criticism levelled at us.

In terms of tribalism your describing an individuals possible response/outlook to their team, which is fine if pulled up and called out as needed but when you appear to have a collective inability to think rationally then your open to a fair degree of criticism.

Ain’t nobody got time to write texts that long.
It became quite heated, especially when the scousers were using deflection tactics
Ignore the scrotes setting their city on fire and let's tarnish a City supporter with being a Hillsborough piss taker
I could post my even longer reply to his message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.