Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jesus leaves, and it pretty much looks that way, I wish him all the best. He’s bern very good to us. Worked his socks of. Never moaned. Didn’t do a AWOL for playing golf.

It’s a pity if he ends up at fck Arsenal. Than again it shows again how the pecking order has changed in England.

Now get Arsenal to pay 50 mill. We owe that lot fck all.

Not sure why people are bothered by us selling to other Premier clubs. The fact is that Liverpool were only close to us last season because the rest of the Prem was poor. Look at their form against the other top clubs or when they got to finals. Arsenal with Jesus is more a threat to Liverpool than us. A stronger top 6/7 suits us more then Liverpool.

Everything pointing towards him going at this point. Haaland announced with no squad number and them not giving 9 away to Nketiah

What's the holdup for this deal? Arsenal not willing to match our ask?

All the players weve taken off them over the years at full market value
We don’t owe them any favours
However it’s the one year on his contract that’s the problem
Funny thing here is, if we're seeking for historical references, in England for example, Pep's City is closer to Wenger's Arsenal than any other team. In terms of style, we're closer to them than, let's say, Liverpool's teams of the past, Ferguson's United etc. Fact. Which means Burley was correct identifying the similarities the other day on ESPN (of course I would have never expressed it the way he did, but that's a different story)...

Arsene will never admit this, but I think deep down it had an influence in his psychology towards City: In your decline, I guess it's human nature getting bitter towards a rival that has taken your approach to another level -and definitely to a higher standard. With all due respect, there can be no comparison with the "Invincibles", City have much more in their game, and can effectively respond to a variety of tactical situations. Guardiola's work provides solutions to all kinds of problems. We are stronger, no question about that...

I do not forget the deals of the past you're mentioning in your post, it goes without saying I agree with your second sentence. I also remember stuff such as that letter etc. And I am certainly not willing to forget the Alexis saga, extensively covered those days in this forum. There is no logic behind Arsenal's handling of that sitution. In the end, Wenger preferred to: a) keep an unhappy player, b) fuck his dressing room, c) lose the money. The money he received half a season later hardly changed Arsenal's fate, the damage was done. Both the player AND his team were fucked. So were United, as Sanchez regretted his move from the very first day on the training ground (which he has publicly admitted). Wenger had a very serious problem with City, apparently there was nobody in their environment to have an influence in the proceedings, Arsenal were already a joke of a club. Naturally they self-destructed...

Back on topic: Let's consider for a moment the worst case scenario for City on this issue. Let's assume that City would be willing to sell Gabby for the reported price. Because it would suit budget / FFP purposes, our transfer plans this summer etc. Forget about the one year left on his contract, that is not an issue. I'm sorry, but the moment you enter negotiations with the other side having identified your weakness, you're fucked, it's over...

The message would be, basically Gabby is not for sale. Perhaps we could discuss for prices above that figure, no guarantees though -and anything less is a waste of our time. Otherwise you can take your chances (with the rest of the competition globally...) and take him for free next summer. A player like Gabby (25 yo, with 56 app. for the national team, proven in the PL) with no contract obligations, is a player bound to attract interest from all top 5 European leagues...

Let's see who remains strong. Let's see who becomes weak. You stay firm. You do not negotiate. After a while they get the message you're not fooling around and meet your demands? You raise the price. I'm sorry, time is a dynamic thing, our valuation has changed...

Stuff City have been facing again and again all these years, while negotiating for players domestically as well as abroad. And usually we buy expensively and sell cheaply. Something that needs to stop. Bottom line is you fight for the last pound you can get from them...

And in the end, how about the situation turning around completely? With Gabby signing an extension (and Arsenal punished for playing games)? That would be the ideal scenario (lmao)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.