Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they fail to make the Champions League, I'd be surprised if Arteta lasts another year there.
They have the most obvious replacement for him. Just ask Edu Gaspar. Tite after the World Cup

Tottenham has two much easier games left than Arsenal. Let’s see what happens with that fourth spot and if the supposed Jesus interest in Edu Gaspar’s courting remains
I hope its not top 4 dependant, as I can't see us making it now.

Arsenal has reportedly made an offer for 19-year old striker Marquinhos from Brazilian club São Paulo. How many strikers are they looking at?…

We need at least 2. The only striker we'll have come the summer is Balogun, & he's raw & hardly storming his loan spell at Boro. We need the 2nd player to be a lot more experienced than a 19 year old lad from Brazil. I was thinking more along the lines of Tammy Abraham or Calvert-Lewin they'd go for.
Watching Arsenal last night I couldn't help but think that moving there would be a bad move for Jesus. Arteta is trying to imitate Guardiola's style of play, but that can only work when you have really good players, and there is a shortage of those at Arsenal; the addition of Jesus would only be a part of that. If they fail to make the Champions League, I'd be surprised if Arteta lasts another year there.

I'd prefer Jesus to stay with us, but if he is intent on leaving, I think he'd be better going to Italy (Juventus).
That's why he's trying to sign more good players in the summer. Remember White, Tierney & Partey were out last night, & the depth options are poor. The likes of Jesus, Tielemans & Hickey have been targeted, Saliba coming back from loan, and hopefully 1 or 2 more, and you are talking about changing out 6 players from that team last night.

That's why he's trying to sign more good players in the summer. Remember White, Tierney & Partey were out last night, & the depth options are poor. The likes of Jesus, Tielemans & Hickey have been targeted, Saliba coming back from loan, and hopefully 1 or 2 more, and you are talking about changing out 6 players from that team last night.
I just fear that none of the three players you mention will make a significant difference over the course of a season unless Arteta becomes more pragmatic. Jesus is the best of the three, Hickey is unproven in that league, and there's something just a little bit off about Tielemans. Needs more steel and a little less silk, in my humble.

If Arteta fails, and in terms of his style of football I'd prefer him not to, then I think Arsenal will need someone just a little more pragmatic, say Potter or Rogers.
Tite is more pragmatic than those two

Tite is more pragmatic than those two
Has he managed outside of South America? Does he speak English? I'm not disputing his ability, just pointing out that Arsenal may go down the route of someone who knows the league and English culture if Arteta fails. If Arsenal make a flurry of Portuguese-speaking signings this summer, however, then who knows?...

Has he managed outside of South America? Does he speak English? I'm not disputing his ability, just pointing out that Arsenal may go down the route of someone who knows the league and English culture if Arteta fails. If Arsenal make a flurry of Portuguese-speaking signings this summer, however, then who knows?...
He has managed two clubs in the UAE and does speak fluent English. Everyone in Brazil talks about it because of the connection with Edu Gaspar, they’ve worked closely together more than once before and are still close. Of course, that’s all dependent on Arteta being sacked and the timing regarding the WC. But he will manage an European team after the WC, it’s his ambition. He was linked with Real Madrid before the 2018 WC

I just fear that none of the three players you mention will make a significant difference over the course of a season unless Arteta becomes more pragmatic. Jesus is the best of the three, Hickey is unproven in that league, and there's something just a little bit off about Tielemans. Needs more steel and a little less silk, in my humble.
I agree. That's why with my 1 or 2 more I talk about, I'd go for someone like Tammy Abraham as the 2nd forward option to provide a bit more physicality & athleticism up front, & someone else in midfield, if not a Bissouma type then someone like the young lad Danilo Gus has recently mentioned, we've been linked to him before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.