Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

View attachment 47557

I mean, it's possible. If you look at the black line, you'd create a whole load of limited / no visibility seats at the junctions with East/West. Contrast the end at Spurs where the rake is shallower than the two adjoining stands. I suppose you could alter the corner sections to make it meet up flush but then that's another 8 blocks out of commission for a year while you also rebuild North L1&2.

Mind you if the plan really is to replace the existing roof rather than just refurb the panels then all bets are off, no idea how you do that without a lengthy stadium closure so you might as well do whatever else you can during that time.

Yeah, the corners would need doing so they were at the same angle as the rest.

We’d lose the bottom two tiers but we’d gain the 5k in the upper section while the lower section was completed.

Yeah, the corners would need doing so they were at the same angle as the rest.

We’d lose the bottom two tiers but we’d gain the 5k in the upper section while the lower section was completed.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer one tier, but if I'm costing it - a single tier is more expensive, takes a season longer before there's any ROI, and all for a completely intangible benefit.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer one tier, but if I'm costing it - a single tier is more expensive, takes a season longer before there's any ROI, and all for a completely intangible benefit.

Probably exactly why it won’t happen and the expanded 2nd tier was at least at one point the desired option.

We'd have to convince Sport England to allow us to do that though, they have the final say as they paid for it. They have knocked us back previously I believe.
I don’t think they have any control over the stadium. If the City of Manchester sold the stadium, the Sports Council could demand that the Council pay back the grant received when it was built. The City Council still retains the ownership of the stadium with the club having a long lease.

However City could build a new stadium elsewhere on the Campus and use what was COMS other sports (Rugby League, Rugby Union, NFL) plus concerts?

I suspect that it would be a lot cheaper to build a new stadium than to try and shoehorn extra capacity for anything beyond around 65,000. Especially since City have no obvious stadium to play in while major rebuilding was happening in the way that Spurs played at Wembley.

View attachment 47557

I mean, it's possible. If you look at the black line, you'd create a whole load of limited / no visibility seats at the junctions with East/West. Contrast the end at Spurs where the rake is shallower than the two adjoining stands. I suppose you could alter the corner sections to make it meet up flush but then that's another 8 blocks out of commission for a year while you also rebuild North L1&2.

Mind you if the plan really is to replace the existing roof rather than just refurb the panels then all bets are off, no idea how you do that without a lengthy stadium closure so you might as well do whatever else you can during that time.
Again bring the 2nd tier down to the pitch level from maintenance entry all the way around to the other cnr flag area, then take the 2nd tier up to replicate the South stand. all views would be good and having double adverising screens at the bottom would work well

Attachments

• NORTH.jpg
    NORTH.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 56
  • City SIngle Tier_zpsoicqawrf.png
    City SIngle Tier_zpsoicqawrf.png
    823 KB · Views: 55
Again bring the 2nd tier down to the pitch level from maintenance entry all the way around to the other cnr flag area, then take the 2nd tier up to replicate the South stand. all views would be good and having double adverising screens at the bottom would work well

Yeah, this is what they’d have to do with the corners to make sure the steeper rake didn’t obstruct any views.

AB1F43BA-1276-4457-B043-AB998E60D6C4.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.