Liverpool Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see little kids wearing dippers kits and it's clear they arent from a footballing family.

I want to go over and ask them why they allowed them to follow liverpool. Of all the clubs you could choose you let the kiddies choose the dippers.

I want to show the family the coach attack videos, the history of us all being banned. I just dont get why you would allow your kiddies to support a team with a fan base like them.

But the family not being a football family wont know liverpool fans history as the press/media hide it very well.

My missus wanted to visit the Beatles museum etc. She saw the coach welcome and said we are never going there !

Last edited:
Let’s try and keep the thread on topic (Liverpool in the 22/23 season). Can always start a separate thread about Heysel specifically if necessary.

Yes I have already agreed about City owners being totally different to the likes of FSG and the Glaziers... my question is what can you do about having success and stopping gloryhunters jumping on your bandwagon which in time loses your Club it’s traditions and identity like what’s happend to United.. Liverpool and Chelsea...

Just interested to hear especially from your older fans who remember Maine Road etc how they feel about the imminent loss of the Club they once knew and supported because believe me it does change to the point it can feel it’s no longer your own... maybe I have it wrong and identity and tradition are no longer important to a football club... home fans visiting the United.. Liverpool and Chelsea franchises is like a trip to Disneyland, you get funny looks if your not carrying a camera, it’s seen as an occasion rather than your duty to support your local club like yesteryear..
I'm 50, am I old enough to have an opinion? ;)

You've made some fairly reasonable observations about the death of football as the working man's local entertainment source; I get it, you've seen your ground turned into Disneyland Scouse, filled with day-tripping out of towners with their cameras and their plastic bags emblazoned with your club crest and filled with tacky club-branded crap, and I can understand your despair.

But what you're missing in all of this is the role that the media have played in this demise that you've witnessed.

Both yourselves and un*t*d have been (RE)branded by the media in some sort of romaticised fairytale way, you know, with the "theatre of dreams" and "those special nights under the anfield floodlights" (etc...etc...etc... ad infinitum ad nauseam), and all the idiots who are dotted around the globe who were in need of a story to attach themselves to a successful club (that they have no real attachment to) have lapped it all up; and now they've come here, seen that, and bought thousands and thousands of T-shirts.

But maybe it'll be different for us, maybe we'll the exception to the rule.

Why?

Because maybe, just maybe, all the biased, xenophobic, racist, childish rhetoric that the media of this country have peddled out since 2008 (or thereabouts) will come back and bite the bastards on the arse! We've been held up and pointed at for being the bad guys of football; we're the human rights violating, state owned, evil oil money fueled, FFP breaking, cheating, swarthy skinned infidels of football who can't even fill their own ground. (BINGO?!) Who would choose to follow us who has no connection to us? They'd better have thick skins if they do.

So maybe the loss of our club isn't so imminent.

Don't get me wrong, it's 99.9% certain that it will get here eventually, but I have a suspicion that it'll take a little longer than you hope/think, and in my opinion it'll be all "thanks" to all that mud that's been thrown in our direction by the childish pricks in the media.

Karma's a woman, aint it?! ;)

Last edited:
R
I'm 50, am I old enough to have an opinion? ;)

You've made some fairly reasonable observations about the death of football as the working man's local entertainment source; I get it, you've seen your ground turned into Disneyland Scouse, filled with day-tripping out of towners with their cameras and their plastic bags emblazoned with your club crest and filled with tacky club-branded crap, and I can understand your despair.

But what you're missing in all of this is the role that the media have played in this demise that you've witnessed.

Both yourselves and un*t*d have been (RE)branded by the media in some sort of romaticised fairytale way, you know, with the "theatre of dreams" and "those special nights under the anfield floodlights" (etc...etc...etc... ad infinitum ad nauseam), and all the idiots who are dotted around the globe who were in need of a story to attach themselves to a successful club (that they have no real attachment to) have lapped it all up; and now they've come here, seen that, and bought thousands and thousands of T-shirts.

But maybe it'll be different for us, maybe we'll the exception to the rule.

Why?

Because maybe, just maybe, all the biased, xenophobic, racist, childish rhetoric that the media of this country have peddled out since 2008 (or thereabouts) will come back and bite the bastards on the arse! We've been held up and pointed at for being the bad guys of football; we're the human rights violating, evil oil money fueled, FFP breaking, cheating, swarthy skinned infidels of football who can't even fill their own ground. (BINGO?!) Who would choose to follow us who has no connection to us? They'd better have thick skins if they do.

So maybe the loss of our club isn't so imminent.

Don't get me wrong, it's 99.9% certain that it will get here eventually, but I have a suspicion that it'll take a little longer than you hope/think, and in my opinion it'll be all "thanks" to all that mud that's been thrown in our direction by the childish pricks in the media.

Karma's a woman, aint it?! ;)
you make fair points and your post is well put together.. for what it’s worth I hope your club doesn’t suffer the same fate as United and Liverpool I really do.
From my own point of view last few years instead of using my season ticket I have instead traveled around our lower League Clubs like Tranmere.. Bolton..Blackpool.. Preston and Wigan and took in some of there games.. even ventured out of my comfort zone and watched Salford City.. just brought back what football is really all about before SKY and Blue Chip Corporates got there sticky fingers in our game and another thing more importantly which came across was the love and bond between the supporters and club and vice versa..the link between the people and place was still very much in tact and the football club still at the heart of the community...

R

you make fair points and your post is well put together.. for what it’s worth I hope your club doesn’t suffer the same fate as United and Liverpool I really do.
From my own point of view last few years instead of using my season ticket I have instead traveled around our lower League Clubs like Tranmere.. Bolton..Blackpool.. Preston and Wigan and took in some of there games.. even ventured out of my comfort zone and watched Salford City.. just brought back what football is really all about before SKY and Blue Chip Corporates got there sticky fingers in our game and another thing more importantly which came across was the love and bond between the supporters and club and vice versa..the link between the people and place was still very much in tact and the football club still at the heart of the community...

You mention football before SKY and their sponsors getting involved in football, pumping millions into the game..

Is that what you're saying Tom ?

Can I ask, what's your opinion on Littlewoods Pools pumping a shed load of money into your team, making them all but untouchable in the late 70's and 80's then Tom ..?

I take it you didn't get the urge to pop down to Tranmere, Bolton and Blackpool back then when you were hooving up all the best players and silverware..!

The last time I went to Glastonbury in the early 90s, we got there a little late and ended up camping near the perimeter fence. All night we had to listen to a group of lads who were charging a tenner to help people climb the fence and get in for free. Can anyone guess where these entrepreneurial scrotes were from..?
Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.