It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Also not claiming to know anything but chatter about Delap to saints has started up again down here. Potentially similar deal to Lavia with a buy back and sell on. Interesting we are going this route instead of loans.

I think with CB if we got good money for Ake and he wanted to leave we’d go into the season with Dias/Stones/Laporte/Mbete and Rodri & Phillips as plan b. We’d have a plan c (buying someone in Jan) just in case it all goes tits up which I don’t think it will. Remember the World Cup is November-December so can swoop in for someone January if we really want.
Pay the rc for Torres?

View attachment 48369

Given current rumours -
Potentially a a total 6 leaving:
Ake, Sterling, Fernandihno, Jesus, Steffan, Zinchenko

Potentially a total of 5 in:
Haaland, Alvarez, Phillips, Cucurella, Ortega

Would we have to call upon on Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand, McAtee, Doyle? All talented but, are they currently worthy of a team trying win every title? Personally I'm not bothered if we don't sign anymore than the 5 above, as it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out - but it just makes winning trophies much harder (maybe more exciting?).
I think we need a winger with a bit more pace if we loose Sterling.Haaland is the only one who can outrun a defender in that team you have over there.

View attachment 48369

Given current rumours -
Potentially a a total 6 leaving:
Ake, Sterling, Fernandihno, Jesus, Steffan, Zinchenko

Potentially a total of 5 in:
Haaland, Alvarez, Phillips, Cucurella, Ortega

Would we have to call upon on Mbete, Wilson-Esbrand, McAtee, Doyle? All talented but, are they currently worthy of a team trying win every title? Personally I'm not bothered if we don't sign anymore than the 5 above, as it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out - but it just makes winning trophies much harder (maybe more exciting?).
If what you say happens then we have a better first team than last season. We won the league without a forward. Squad will be a little light. The club has a choice. We either stockpile players or rely on youth. Imo if they all leave I would expect at least 1 additional arrival but would not be overly concerned if our business is done. Only really bad luck could hamper that team. I expect Zin to stay.

Foden/Bernardo will play on the right with Mahrez and palmer hopefully will start to break into the team. Don’t need another Cb. We have 3 excellent players in that position with plenty of options to cover. Fb maybe a tad light if Zin goes. Sterling was replaced by Grealish.

We can’t stockpile players just in case. Pep prefers a smaller squad. Easier to keep people happy.
Bernardo being moved back to the right is no-one's idea of a good time.

Pay the rc for Torres?
Who knows but if we come out of the World Cup with an injured Stones and no cover I could see us signing someone. We probably won’t, but there will be a shortlist you’d imagine worse case scenario. That’s if we went into the season with 3 CBs

Hi All, had nearly 100 inboxes in the last week , I apologise I simply don’t have time to respond to everyone with how crazy my personal job is at the moment , so thought I’d post on here , haven’t really got much of an update but as I previously posted a while ago , cucerlla will come and sterling will leave , bernado will stay which is the best bit of business for me, 3 players will go to London , few teams all over zinchenko id be suprised if he stays. Don’t believe the nonsense regarding neymar. Been told we are happy for Ake to leave ,as he feels if needed philips or the young lad can play centre back if the worst came to the worst. Sorry no real update in terms of incomings but I don’t post nonsense and post in good faith for all blues from a top source as a lot of you know.
Anything in the pipeline ref Peps contract or was it as he stated himself a few months ago, he`ll see towards the end of his current one ?
Thanks as always for your updates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.