Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reported this defamatory comment on the BBC Kalvin Phillips transfer story:

FootOfDavros

City still under investigation for past FFP breaches. Sell Jesus for £45m, buy Phillips for £45m.
Great stuff - zero net spend! But isn't there a term for when you take dodgily acquired assets and churn them into a "clean" asset?

The BBC replied with this:
we have decided that it does not contravene the House Rules and are going to leave it on site.

The BBC really are run by cunts.
And yet there's a poster on here that was insisting the licence fee is a good thing......

This is why it pisses me off the club going there for a pre season friendly. Barcelona have consistently tried to take the piss, from leaking Pellegrini to criticisms about FFP. Why we'd even speak to them is beyond me.

For me it's simple. The club should brief that Bernardo Silva is not for sale for any price and that Barcelona should look elsewhere.
We have to sell if someone offers a decent amount - we’ve promised the player.
On your wider point about Barcelona I completely agree. We should have nothing to do with them in any capacity, and this should have been club policy for the last ten years.

There has always been something deeply concerning and unedifying about the way City have always allowed themselves to be treated like shit by Barcelona.
I’ll get jumped on for this bit, but if we were a truly big club, like a United for example, we simply would not put up with this shit.

It is. Because of how shite BBC online football is, which we can all agree on I think, that’s no reason to question the whole frigging organisation.
Fair Point -if it wasn’t for the fact that much of this once venerable Organisation’s current output these days is truly rancid and stuffed with ridiculous insidious messages in how we the great unwashed are supposed to think on virtually any topic you can mention these days

Fair Point -if it wasn’t for the fact that much of this once venerable Organisation’s current output these days is truly rancid and stuffed with ridiculous insidious messages in how we the great unwashed are supposed to think on virtually any topic you can mention these days
It’s not a point of view I share at all pal, but all I would is say is if you do think it’s like that now, I’d say it’s always been that way (giving ‘messages’ to the public on what and how to think about things) - the output of the 50s & 60s even more so today.

For me overwhelmingly a force for good, which I’m reminded of whenever I’ve been abroad over the years and had to view the advert-riddled tosh on offer elsewhere.

We have to sell if someone offers a decent amount - we’ve promised the player.
On your wider point about Barcelona I completely agree. We should have nothing to do with them in any capacity, and this should have been club policy for the last ten years.

There has always been something deeply concerning and unedifying about the way City have always allowed themselves to be treated like shit by Barcelona.
I’ll get jumped on for this bit, but if we were a truly big club, like a United for example, we simply would not put up with this shit.
Stop thinking were a big club and concern yourself more about being the best.
There's a big club just down the road in Trafford and all most of us do is laugh at them all day long.

It’s not a point of view I share at all pal, but all I would is say is if you do think it’s like that now, I’d say it’s always been that way (giving ‘messages’ to the public on what and how to think about things) - the output of the 50s & 60s even more so today.

For me overwhelmingly a force for good, which I’m reminded of whenever I’ve been abroad over the years and had to view the advert-riddled tosh on offer elsewhere.
I would agree that passing “messages” to the Public was indeed part of the BBCs remit over the years but would beg to differ in that the Political Messaging has been cranked up ridiculously in all the BBCs output in the past few years around the Brexit Vote

As a FOC I can remember the BBC as the “establishment” voice in the 1980s but as with the general drift Leftwards the BBC has streaked way ahead of Public Opinion to the point now where they are basically schooling us Plebs how to think on the issues of the day in all their Output. Every Drama Series they make these days has a “message” chiselled in despite what the actual story may be.

I fully appreciate that what we have is better than most other Countries but the vast majority of the BBCs punters, particularly these days, will not be leaving these Shores for long if at all.

So, the Daily Mail front page today complains about the police being too busy to lock up convicted offenders:

And yet, tomorrow’s Daily Mail front page is screaming that the very same, very busy police should be arresting fuel protestors:

Tomorrow’s front page also has a picture of today’s front page at the top, it’s almost as if they want to make it really obvious!

I would agree that passing “messages” to the Public was indeed part of the BBCs remit over the years but would beg to differ in that the Political Messaging has been cranked up ridiculously in all the BBCs output in the past few years around the Brexit Vote

As a FOC I can remember the BBC as the “establishment” voice in the 1980s but as with the general drift Leftwards the BBC has streaked way ahead of Public Opinion to the point now where they are basically schooling us Plebs how to think on the issues of the day in all their Output. Every Drama Series they make these days has a “message” chiselled in despite what the actual story may be.

I fully appreciate that what we have is better than most other Countries but the vast majority of the BBCs punters, particularly these days, will not be leaving these Shores for long if at all.
Tbh, as a not-quite FOC yet, I’d respectfully suggest it sounds more like you’re railing against the times we live in in general, rather than the bbc in particular. The “chiselling” I think you are referring to can be found (if you think it exists) in Hollywood movies, in American produced tv output, in Sky tv production, and in ITV dramas too. To focus on the bbc alone perhaps isn’t really sufficient to address your concerns, if I’m reading your feelings correctly from what you’ve posted there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.