Left Back

Who should we sign at left back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Newcastle's Almiron seems like a nice guy for our LB position..

But I'm looking Newcastle game right now and he plays RW, WTF ?

We were all set to spend £40m on a 24 year old with just one season playing in the PL a week ago, so it’s not that outlandish an idea.

I appreciate he played in La Liga for a couple of seasons with Getafe, but its hardly like he had a particularly impressive depth of experience either.

Cucurella has 4 seasons experience in the top flight and a season of Europa League football, and is younger than Robinson, with his 27 top flight appearances.

Cucurella has 4 seasons experience in the top flight and a season of Europa League football, and is younger than Robinson, with his 27 top flight appearances.

I didn’t dispute any of that in my post mate - but they’ve both played the same number of seasons in the PL, and Cucurella is just 11 months younger, so the difference isn’t as extreme as you’re making out.

Cucurella definitely showed himself to be a much better player than Robinson in his one season in our League, fair enough - but neither them are exactly bringing a depth of experience at the top level and are a similar age.

- but they’ve both played the same number of seasons in the PL, and Cucurella is just 11 months younger, so the difference isn’t as extreme as you’re making out.

Sorry, but you continually trying to equate paying in the championship with playing in LaLiga at Europa League level is such obvious bullshit im not interested.

Robinson didn't see top flight football until he was 23, at which point Cucurella had played 4 seasons in the topflight and just signed for Brighton.

Getting lovesick over every left back to play well on the opening day of the season is embarrassing even for the transfer forum.

At no point have I said that, so well done for inventing a point to decide you’re not interested in.

What is this then?
neither them are exactly bringing a depth of experience at the top level and are a similar age.

A 24 year old with 4 seasons of top flight football doesn't have depth of experience? How many more seasons of experience can a 24 year old have?

Cucurella has played 140 top flight games. Robinson 29. To try and pretend they're similar is complete bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.