Ref Watch

The blatent decisions to hold us back are putting me off going to games now.

It costs a fortune in travel, and I feel I'm just wasting my money, don't think I've felt so low about football after the referees in the last few games, an absolute joke.
Sadly it seems to be a feeling shared by an increasing number of football fans. The game we all once knew and loved has gone to pot.

Honestly mate can you just stop please. He is offside and interfering with play. A completely wrong decision has been rendered corrupt because it has not even gone to VAR. We are in a difficult patch at the moment and have just been robbed in the derby.
So please stop making it worse. Of course you or anyone can have an opinion but it’s offside and we all know it is.
Like I say, if you are going to cheat, make it look like a good mistake, so you can brush it under the carpet and not look like fools, NOBODY can come out and say it was not offside ? NOBODY can defend the match officials and referee for cheating, WHY was VAR not used, WHY did the linesman flag after the goal was scored,

It’s just a terrible decision with absolutely no vindication - the linesman bottled it under the pressure of the crowd and the United players screaming at him, if these officials cannot make the right decision because of the pressure put on them they should not be officiating. unfortunately the message that has been sent out to other teams and players is now that if you put the linesman and ref under intense pressure by screaming at them they will fold - as they did in today’s match, it has set a dangerous precedent

How could the defender have tackled rashford without committing a foul if rashford was between the defender and the ball?

If the answer is he couldn’t, then Rashford is shielding the ball from the defender and therefore offside.

that's the absurdity of it because if Akanji had gone through the back of Rashford and fouled him then play would have been pulled back for the offside, not the foul.

"the offside offence is penalised as it has occurred before the foul challenge"

Sadly it seems to be a feeling shared by an increasing number of football fans. The game we all once knew and loved has gone to pot.
I've listed 2 of the next 4 games on the ticket exchange, and won't be doing the FA Cup because it's on a Friday night, so that's definitely 3 of the next 4 home games I won't be at, and next Sunday is no more than 50/50 at this point. Not all down the refereeing, but it's certainly not encouraging me to go, nor is the way City are currently playing either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.