Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I note that we are now at the stage where a whole lot of true “City fans” think that if you don’t want Pep to stay until he is 98 then you’re clearly not a “City fan”…blind loyalty is so healthy

Look at Liverpool!

It is very odd - well not so odd if you think about it...... with modern dietry advice and medicine and physiological stuff, players should be having longer careers (not shorter) than in the past. But the trouble is, because of the ££££s thing - the amount of games - the opposite is happening.

Ok - you get the odd exception, like Messi winning the WC at 35, but you could say

I'll give you some clues:
1) He's tall
2) He's Norwegian
3) You get fined a week's wages for passing to him

Grealish is pretty quick too
Haha, I knew it !!

He needs someone with their head in the real world. Someone to be pragmatic when he dreams up another of his avant garde art projects
As I suggested earlier, he's going 'a bit Malcolm' in my opinion. He needs a Joe Mercer type to steady the ship.
Problem is... would he accept someone as his equal, or (like Malcolm) stab them in the back?

Akanji should be the DM option alongside Rodri.

He's not strong enough as a central defender, certainly in the air, but he is quick enough and certainly has the passing technique to help us higher up.

I would than go Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake as the back four until Stones is back.

I'd drop Mahrez for Kev wide right, have Walker doing the donkey work foil overlaps.

Gundo in the ten and Phil can decide if he wants to fight it out with Jack on the left for now.

...............Ederson........
Walker...Dias...Laporte...Ake
.........Akanji....Rodri.....
De Bruyne...Gundo....Grealish..
... ............Haaland.........
Very worrying looking at that being potentially our best team, so so far off the team of silva fernandinho, kompany, aguero, sterling, sane etc.. have to say im not feeling Haaland at the min either, not a great presser and not really good enough to be involved in the build up play which is having an affect on the whole team. But yeah very worrying in every aspect at the min. Left back, and a pacey winger was really needed at the start of the season.

All about opinions but our one "genius" continually over thinks things... Martin Samuels said so himself when I spoke to him at Porto Airport the morning after the UCL final.. He said "one day he'll tinker so much that he gets it right"

Shameless name drop but I thought it was relevant

It worked for Claudio Ranieri at Leicester... Eventually. Then he got the push.

Bigga, pete73, any thoughts?
There's a lot of good points in the video.
It was said that only Gundogan and KDB are the players to provide fast and precise through balls to the attackers. However, oposition have recently man marked these heavily. And this has paid off in the recent games. My thought why these two didn't start, was that maybe Pep wanted to confuse the opposition by using them later, off the bench. And before that, play it solidly and with low risk (low focus on pace forward), with an unformiliar formation. Riding the storm and holding back the move to introduce the best attack serving midfielders could have paid off, however, the early goal against fecked up this plan.
If it had succeeded it would have been called a master stroke. Just a thought.

Last edited:
should be a good pre-match interview for the villa game this week by pep ? he may well need a yard stick to bash the questions away, that's before they get on to the villa game

There's a lot of good points in the video.
It was said that only Gundogan and KDB are the players to provide fast and precise through balls to the attackers. However, oposition have recently man marked these heavily. And this has paid off in the recent games. My thought why these two didn't start, was that maybe Pep wanted to confuse the opposition by using them later, off the bench. And before that, play it solidly and with low risk (low focus on pace forward), with an unformiliar formation. Riding the storm and holding back the move to introduce the best attack serving midfielders could have paid off, however, the early goal against fecked up this plan.
If it had succeeded it would have been called a master stroke. Just a thought.
Could be. At this point who really knows but Pep. It just appeared that neither KDB or Gundo looked the least bit happy being on the bench. I would think if there were such a plan they would be in on it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.