Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

if I am watching at home I never criticise the fans. For one I dont trust the broadcast, I am sure they turn the sound down. I have been to some cracking games, sung myself horse and thought the place was rocking.
Get home and rewatch the match it's like a library, certainly wasnt. It's clear tv companys turn the sound down at our place.
Tbh think it's where the microphone is placed when the entire stadium joins in it's sounds good on tv just doesn't pick up the singing sections to well

Why do you assume its arm chair fans not happy with the atmosphere??
Because they come on here lecturing the fans who do make the effort and incur the costs of actually going to the game about it. Anyone sat at home watching the game on TV has no right whatsoever to complain about the atmosphere or early leavers for that matter. If they are that concerned, then do something about it - like actually attending a game. But that needs a bit of effort and its expensive. Much easier to come on here and constantly slag the match going fans off every game.

Acoustics didn't impact the arsenal game , let stop peddling that myth .
You really don't get it do you. No one is using acoustics as an excuse not to sing, however it explains why some people thought it was rocking and some people thought it was a morgue.

I'm gonna ask you again like I did a few weeks back. Have you ever been to any other grounds with better acoustics? Anfield, Stamford Bridge, King Power, St Mary's?

If you have I don't see how you fail to see the difference between them grounds and our ground

You really don't get it do you. No one is using acoustics as an excuse not to sing, however it explains why some people thought it was rocking and some people thought it was a morgue.

I'm gonna ask you again like I did a few weeks back. Have you ever been to any other grounds with better acoustics? Anfield, Stamford Bridge, King Power, St Mary's?

If you have I don't see how you fail to see the difference between them grounds and our ground
Yes I have been to all those except st Mary's.

Yes I have been to all those except st Mary's.
So did you notice that at these grounds, whenever a song is sung the sound bounces off the roof in the direction of the pitch. That's how sound waves work, they travel up until they reflect off something.

Notice how at our ground the sound waves also travel upwards, but as there's no roof above SS1, the sound goes up and out of the ground.

That's why the sound from SS1 is quiet and muffled, but sound from SS3 is more loud and crisp

Tbh think it's where the microphone is placed when the entire stadium joins in it's sounds good on tv just doesn't pick up the singing sections to well
You might be right, City’s current singing section is behind the goal like most others in English football, why would the microphones be anywhere else ? More likely it’s the projection of the sound from the south stand, the club are obviously addressing this with the north stand development (it’s in the plans) targeting the acoustics in a big way

Logged on for a minute and already read the usual nonsense excuses about acoustics tourists and ticket prices.

What about the 40k season card holders ?

The reason the atmosphere was embarrassing last night is that the majority of seasoncard holders sit in silence. That’s got fuck all to do with prices, tourists, tannoy announcements blah blah blah….
I don't agree.

The majority do not sit in silence, the atmosphere is based primarily on what is happening on the pitch. And in the first half last night, fuck all happened on the pitch. Timewasting by West Ham, 10 men behind the ball..but we as a team were poor in the first half, aimless balls into the box that were cut out, misplaced passes in midfield and it was sooooo slow. All this affected the level of noise.

As an aside, could barely hear SS1 from up in EL3 and a mumbling 'follow you anywhere' is not the song to get the rest of the stadium going.

Stick to the old classics like we're not really here or Jonny stones and that will get the fans going.

Ps. Always think that people can leave when they want at a game, but the 80 min exodus was worse than ever last night.

When those phone lights came on at the top of EL3 were the south stand chanting "What the fucking hell is that?". Could see their arms pointing but couldn't hear.
could see just as many lights in top tier of Colin Bell and EL 3. Pop concerts start later... must be a pre-concert friendly

So did you notice that at these grounds, whenever a song is sung the sound bounces off the roof in the direction of the pitch. That's how sound waves work, they travel up until they reflect off something.

Notice how at our ground the sound waves also travel upwards, but as there's no roof above SS1, the sound goes up and out of the ground.

That's why the sound from SS1 is quiet and muffled, but sound from SS3 is more loud and crisp
I'm not saying that isn't the case but the point being missed is that in this stadium we have been able to create a great atmosphere when the fans are up for it regardless of this issue, on nights like last night it the fans not the stadium that made the change of atmosphere from Arsenal to West Ham

I'm not saying that isn't the case but the point being missed is that in this stadium we have been able to create a great atmosphere when the fans are up for it regardless of this issue, on nights like last night it the fans not the stadium that made the change of atmosphere from Arsenal to West Ham
I'm in complete acceptance that it's not going to be like Arsenal every game. Fans are naturally going to be more up for a top of the table clash than a match against 16th place. That's just how it is.

I'm not saying better acoustics would've made the atmosphere as good a the Arsenal game by any means, it wouldn't. But it would make it easier for different stands to sing together and at the same time creating an all round louder noise.

All I'll say is just wait till the new North stand is built, you'll see what a difference it makes in these kinds of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.