Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Ring of fire with appropriate bits in between haha
That's more appropriate to your excuse mate.

M16 citeh said:
I left early for the first time ever last night when the injury time was announced.... Id been on the verge of shitting me keks for the last half hour so really had no choice haha

I’m not sure that first bit is true. There have been games where the clapping chants get going over in SSL1 and it’s sucked the life out of the atmosphere around the rest of the stadium.

A lot of people don’t know the chants around the rest of the ground so don’t join in. Even when people in some areas (like myself) try to join in with them, it’s hard because they’re often very quiet in parts or too fast or they’re sung over by fans in another area so you don’t know if SSL1 have stopped singing them sometimes so even people trying to join in, stop.

If we just try and sing all those chants at Wembley, we are going to have a terrible atmosphere!

I only heard SUFTC once (just coincided with when we took Aké off). Didn’t hear it another time. It wasn’t ignored, we just didn’t hear it. But that might have been because SSL3 or 118 who were good in the second half last night could have been singing more loudly at that point.

About half way through the second half this genuinely happened: 115 were singing at the same time as 109-111, 117-119, SSL3 and West Ham and each area was either singing a different song or the same song but a different part to what another section was singing and at a different pace and different note. I think that’s the most extreme of that kind of jumbled atmosphere we tend to have that I’ve ever heard. Each area was loving it and it was dead loud and I bet in each area you didn’t know that was going on in the others. But there’s no way the rest of the stadium can pin themselves to anything so we just leave you to it at those points.

You’ll be surprised sometimes how quiet you sound over there in 115. You might well all be bouncing around and enjoying yourselves but to the rest of the ground it’s not always entirely audible and a lot of these clappy songs all sound the same, they’re all the same pace and dead quiet in parts so sometimes we don’t hear you. I’ve seen it said a few times now that 115 has tried SUFTC and it’s been ignored yet I’ve not remembered hearing it.

I do think we’ve had a cracking atmosphere in 2022 and 2023 (apart January and February this year)… but we could easily be much better still if we sang more of proper City chants (they aren’t ‘old’ chants, they’re our proper chants!) and when they are, that’s when we have our best atmospheres.

Where I was in SS3 was really good. Some of those that don't really sing were even joining in.

First half everybody was a bit nervous, especially the way West Ham set out. The atmosphere reflected that. I'm sure the atmosphere against Arsenal would have been great regardless but it was also assisted by KDB scoring so early and I don't think that should be understated.

Haaland even mentioned they had 10 men behind the ball in his interview and they would have snatched your hand off for a point before kick off. They were even time wasting two nil down on a damage limitation job. Everybody inside the stadium is concerned we might get hit with a sucker punch like Everton or Forest at such a critical part of the season. It's human nature.

Second half was one of the better atmospheres of the season. They even tried to get the old 'We love you City we do' going but unfortunately that didn't catch on and I haven't heard that in ages.

I have done games elsewhere this season and some areas are like a morgue. I might be in the East Stand for Chelsea and it was poor in there last time I went. If people aren't happy with the atmosphere where they are they should relocate elsewhere.

Those commenting about the atmosphere that don't go to games shouldn't really be on this thread if they're being negative. I watched Arsenal at home on the tv and wasn't that bowled over by it but I know it was great from people that were there and the likes of TalkSport even mentioning it. Some guy I know in the Family Stand said it was even bouncing in there. I was sceptical our stadium mics are turned down but now I believe it or at the very least assume they're located poorly.

Last edited:
Exactly. But they can't be arsed. It's easier to come here and slag the people off who actually did pay a shit load of money for a ticket and actually made the effort to go to a midweek game. You really couldn't make this place up. Posters sat in their armchairs, slagging off and criticising supporters who actually went to the game. It's absolutely bizarre! Strange place this at times...
Welcome to the internet. I knew this would happen. Ever since my moonfruit website, it has been downhill.

I dislike the 70th minute when the lights pn phones come out, but I appreciate the joy and satisfaction it must bring a few people. Infighting about X, Y and Z is all fair enough, and I don't get why anyone pays to see 80 minutes of football, but togetherness matters much more. We can't become THAT LOT or THE SHOWER...

C.T.I.D.

Welcome to the internet. I knew this would happen. Ever since my moonfruit website, it has been downhill.

I dislike the 70th minute when the lights pn phones come out, but I appreciate the joy and satisfaction it must bring a few people. Infighting about X, Y and Z is all fair enough, and I don't get why anyone pays to see 80 minutes of football, but togetherness matters much more. We can't become THAT LOT or THE SHOWER...

C.T.I.D.
When those phone lights came on at the top of EL3 were the south stand chanting "What the fucking hell is that?". Could see their arms pointing but couldn't hear.

Headline on talksport news "pep criticises quiet fans at Etihad", pep saying they need more support and connection to get through the gruelling schedule and has called for more noise against leeds.

Headline on talksport news "pep criticises quiet fans at Etihad", pep saying they need more support and connection to get through the gruelling schedule and has called for more noise against leeds.
Pep is arsed about the atmosphere but the club aren't they would much rather it be 50k tourist who would fill the club shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.