It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Dunno why we wouldn't think about an escape route from 4 CB as a requirement. 4 CB has been amazing but I find it quite likely it worked in part because it wrong footed opponents - we did it in the middle of the season.
Looking back at the meta of tactics, I find it moderately likely that we get to November and are starting to see opponents figure out the counter punch.

People who think city can just run it back with one transfer in are completely delusional. Agree there’s not a need to panic in June but to think one player coming in is enough is crazy.
To play Devil's advocate if we lined up today like this:
Ederson
Akanji/Walker Dias Ake
Stones Rodri
Bernardo KDB
Foden Haaland Grealish
who the fuck can put out a better eleven? Who would you back to beat us?
Mahrez, Alvarez, Kovacic, Phillips, Walker/Akanji, Ortega, Lewis, and Laporte (for now) in reserve. Never mind they are managed by the best manager in the game, maybe ever.

I'm all for strengthening the squad but it's not easy when you're already the best by some distance. Add Gvardiol to this squad and it's even more imposing.
I can't believe how little respect this crew is receiving. This a LEGENDARY squad that's done legendary things and all the flappers are out in full force predicting doom and gloom because, with all due respect to him, Gundo left.

Some on here really need to get a grip. Stop taking what we have for granted. There are 97 other squads in the "top 5" leagues of Europe who would kill for what we have.

And just so no one comes away from what I'm saying with a who are you to lecture anyone I'm willing to bet anyone any amount they want that we will win the league again. Just DM me and we can work out the logistics. How's that? Fair enough?

It’s like there are no players and we stock pile. Using smallest squad in Europe for last 5 years. I can’t believe what I am reading this today.

some of the usual flappers on here should have a little read of this :

"If you look at what we did in the last years, at the start of this project when we were here there was a need for a lot of changes and investment. Not anymore," he said.

"If you look at what we have done in the last five years, our level of investment in new players is well thought. We are not the top net spenders of the last year or the last three or five years because we have a platform where we know what to do and we can do it with time and intelligence

we are run by people who are considered the best people in their position in world football , our future is in very capable hands , add imo the greatest coach football has ever seen then patience is needed, and no amount of flapping and throwing the dummy out of the pram on here will change my thoughts.

some of the posts on here are nothing short of desperate,and without naming names we see the same people flapping or desperate for information, its quite sad to see.
Yea that’s all great but do you have any info on potential deals? -:)

Dunno why we wouldn't think about an escape route from 4 CB as a requirement. 4 CB has been amazing but I find it quite likely it worked in part because it wrong footed opponents - we did it in the middle of the season.
Looking back at the meta of tactics, I find it moderately likely that we get to November and are starting to see opponents figure out the counter punch.
I like the formation, much easier to play a 3241 with CBs also being used as DMs than to have 2 world class fullbacks, 2 backups and also hoping the fullbacks don’t take up the positions of the wingers when attacking.

I’d love an Alphonso Davies to be a younger version of Walker, but it’d be a big overhaul to back to 433.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.