Cole Palmer

Does that really matter? I couldn't give a toss who our players supported when they were kids, as long as they do the business on the pitch for us. As an example, I give you....

View attachment 92146
Kids wear all kind of shirts these days unless their parents or relatives have radicalised them from a young age. I think we all know friends who have brothers/sisters who support different clubs. The black sheep of the family used to be a blue, that bus is heading in a different direction now.

Part of that is because hes academy im convinced (subconsciously). If we bought foden for £75-100m he’d play every week.
Oh dear. Nonsense. Our academy produces great players but we’re a SUPERB team & they won’t all make it with us. As for your last point, remind me why Phillips - who we bought (ie NOT from our academy) isn’t playing every week???

Does Foden not play every week (when fit)?

You could just as easily argue Palmer gets minutes Because he is academy, and wouldn't have the same luxery at Chelsea. Plus, they'll probably bring in another 90m currently popular winger in January, on top of what they already have in the squad, and when Nkunku is back fit, doubt he'll get much minutes at all. I'll go as far as saying I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea loan Palmer out within a year.

Which would prove he wouldn’t have been good enough for us either and the club was right to sell him.

If it turns out he ends up amazing and good enough to keep players like Nkunku out of the Chelsea side then fair play to the lad. But I haven’t seen anything of Palmer to suggest anything other than the scenario you describe.

I'll be interested to see how much game time he gets at Chelsea.

As we've seen over the last year or so, it's not like they feel obliged to start a player because they paid a decent amount for them.

He may end up in the same situation he is here. But its pretty clear we don't see him as a key player if we're letting him go anyway.

Because we're better than them and as such you have to be on a higher level to get into our team?

Of course we are. But looking at his position and who he is competing with, here he has Grealish, Bernardo, Doku and Foden. Doku is new, and young, probably take a year to settle, just like Mahrez, Grealish, Bernardo, and Sane did in that general position. Foden and Bernardo get used centrally quite often. Mahrez is gone, Kevin is injured. He is one of 5 players competing for 2-3 positions, the way we play.

At Chelsea, he has Sterling, Nkunku, Jackson, Murduk, Madueke, Washington, to compete with for 2 positions. All with big expectstions, having arrived within a year, for big fees.

It is hardly 'more likely' he will be a regular there.

30m minimum in his bank account over the next 7 years......cant imagine his motivation.
Whilst money will have been one factor, I doubt it was the main one. Probably game time is the bigger factor. I'm not going to blame the kid for accepting higher wages on the back of more game time - anybody else would do the same in his situation. I certainly hope nobody boos him next time he is at the Etihad because he doesn't deserve that.

I'll be interested to see how much game time he gets at Chelsea.

As we've seen over the last year or so, it's not like they feel obliged to start a player because they paid a decent amount for them.

He may end up in the same situation he is here. But its pretty clear we don't see him as a key player if we're letting him go anyway.
And you would have to ask the questiom who at chelsea really wanted palmer, was it the owner or poch, judging by his comments yesterday he didnt know much about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.