North Stand Expansion

Even then, taking that fluctuation and where costs are now, I struggle to see it going crazy, or over the 300m as some fear.

The way I see it, 65-70m for the hotel. 35-40m for the commercial block. Those two, the size and layout they are, even with the sails, is not that unreasonable. The stand is more complex and much harder to guess, say 60-65m for circa 15.5k m2, with a bit more for unknowns. Then there is the immediate city square partially open areas etc, to a 200m build cost. Then the fees, contingencies and infrastructure etc for the rest of the investment.

All obviously just my own opinion and how I see it at a very loose level. Appreciate people have different takes and experiences. Will watch with interest either way.
The south stand extension alone was 85 million...

Yeah unless delays caused the price increases and Laings had a fair argument to ask for more cash. Usually you'd get some extra money as no one wants to drag anyone through the courts when there's a job to be done.
Remember that the original John Laing were brought down by losses on the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, before their construction side were rescued by Ray O’Rourke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.