11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Was like watching Adama Traore today. Held on to the ball far too long and killed a few counter attacks. Wanted to beat a player 3 times instead of trying to find a teammate.

He is amazing 1v1 but his decision making needs a lot of work.
Utter shite. Can think of one thing he’s got in common with Traore

He's fun, gets you off your seat sometimes. Can't see him getting the nod much over Grealish after January because he can't help us control games (yet) and we'll need a lot of that "pausa" stuff when crunchtime arrives. But he'll be great next season when he operates more like a Pep player. He's done better so far than I expected him to, especially after his weird debut. Fair play to him. Doing okay so far.

He’s a bag of tricks without doubt but I can’t help but think he‘d do better to get his head up and look for a pass to a teammate once in a while rather than trying to weave his way through the whole defence.

HavIng said that, he’s fun to watch, he terrifies defenders and he creates some pretty decent chances for Haaland which is exactly what we want from him. He’s a great prospect.

He’s still learning and adapting. Think there were three occasions today that saw confusion at the back post when players either didn’t attack the ball or left it for others and it all came to nought.
Haaland header at the end case in point. Why was no one at the far post?

He's a promising and exciting young player who is still settling in at the club. I think he played pretty well today. Like all players, especially young ones, he has areas where he could improve. But I'm willing to give him the time to grow and learn.

His awareness and wisdom on the pitch is fantastic. Took a leaf from Grealish's book today.

Needs to work on his shot power though. He knows he doesn't have it so he is reluctant to shoot when he's in a good position.
He doesn't have the right foot 'finesse' curler in his locker yet. He did well today, as most games, he's doing the right things but the relationship between him Haaland, Bernardo, Foden and Alvarez isnt top yet, which is why his final ball goes into dangerous areas into the box rather than into his teamates runs/feet.

Also he doesnt make runs in behind? Which is so strange for a winger, that's how sterling got most of his Goals/Assists for us, maybe it'll take a player like KDB to bring that out of him.

He's fun, gets you off your seat sometimes. Can't see him getting the nod much over Grealish after January because he can't help us control games (yet) and we'll need a lot of that "pausa" stuff when crunchtime arrives. But he'll be great next season when he operates more like a Pep player. He's done better so far than I expected him to, especially after his weird debut. Fair play to him. Doing okay so far.
So if he adds goals and people start putting away his set ups like the 2 today where he brilliantly set up Haaland and Alvarez you don’t think Pep will pick him?

Absolute myth that’s been created here that we’re not controlling games as much because we’ve finally got a winger taking on his fullback around the edge of the box. The reason we’re not controlling games as much especially against decent teams and are more open is because instead of having say Gundo playing as an 8 we’ve got Alvarez playing as a 2nd striker. Take Stones out too and it’s a hugely noticeable difference.

So if he adds goals and people start putting away his set ups like the 2 today where he brilliantly set up Haaland and Alvarez you don’t think Pep will pick him?

Absolute myth that’s been created here that we’re not controlling games as much because we’ve finally got a winger taking on his fullback around the edge of the box. The reason we’re not controlling games as much especially against decent teams and are more open is because instead of having say Gundo playing as an 8 we’ve got Alvarez playing as a 2nd striker. Take Stones out too and it’s a hugely noticeable difference.
I would definitely like to see Doku with a proper midfield behind him, yeah. Good point. For what it's worth, I really like him. I do think he's guilty of running into blind alleys on occasion, and he does give up possession a lot more than Pep would probably want from a winger. But he's exciting and dangerous and, when he's really on it, fullbacks often can't live with him. Never gonna forget that first half against Bournemouth where everything he touched went in - been a long time since I've laughed like that at a City match. I do think Grealish will come in for him during the latter stages of the Champions League, and for tight league matches, but next season I think Grealish is gonna have to find a new home in the middle because Doku's gonna have all his usual attributes plus a year under Pep's tutelage. Looking forward to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.