Are Gundogan, Laporte, Mahrez and Palmer missed at all?

None of these players is missed as you can tell by our recent form and results.
Didn’t we have a similar run with those players this time last year? That said I do think we are missing Gundogan, especially with KDB being out and Rodri’s suspensions.

This myth needs to end. He left because he wanted to. His wife forced him out and there was no contract that was going to change his mind.
He has to balance his family and professional lives. He gave us a great deal since becoming Pep’s first signing. Now he’s doing something on his football wish list and his wife’s sunbathing list.
Something he posted about the club‘s personal and family husbandry suggests he misses us too.

Gundo yes

the rest not so much...plamer never really had much impact/playing time so impossible to miss him, Mahrez blew hot and cold and laporte was decent but Gvardiol is just as good and will be better...

What we miss however is Gundo and the replacements arent upto scratch at present. .....The Nunes transfer baffles me a bit.....a decent technical player but he just doesnt seem like a city player....very little drive or personality about him - maybe that will develop.

Ilkay without a doubt, he was such a vital cog in our team. Not only did he have a happy knack of scoring vital goals, but he provided the control in the middle of the park which we are currently missing.

Didn’t we have a similar run with those players this time last year? That said I do think we are missing Gundogan, especially with KDB being out and Rodri’s suspensions.
Yep, Kev and Rodri together with Stones are the real misses. As I said, the absence of the players specified by the OP are not the problem. My post was rueful about our form rather than sarcastic about the players. Having said that, I would‘nt mind Gundog back.

Last edited:
Gundogan was a top player and top captain. I'm not sure Walker is at Gundo's level captaincy wise. Walker's emotional and I'm sure the players like him. But I'd make Rodri captain. Top player, top person and highly intelligent too. He's ready.

Gundo yes

the rest not so much...plamer never really had much impact/playing time so impossible to miss him, Mahrez blew hot and cold and laporte was decent but Gvardiol is just as good and will be better...

What we miss however is Gundo and the replacements arent upto scratch at present. .....The Nunes transfer baffles me a bit.....a decent technical player but he just doesnt seem like a city player....very little drive or personality about him - maybe that will develop.

spot on mate.

still early early days for nunes too but it doesn't help his case that he's strolling around the field like he doesn't have a care in the world

we don't have anyone in midfield to control the game now. Jack helps us a bit but we need someone in the middle too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.