PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There's no legal requirement, only a moral one to help protect society.

However, with our case being so open, I'd assume the SFO, FCA & HMRC would stick their beaks in if something contrary to UK Law was being alleged.

This is the legal equivalent of your private members club threatening to fine & ban you because you didn't wash your tea mug after use.

It maybe against the private members club rules, but it doesn't contravene UK Law. This is where it'll get messy for UEFA & the PL if ever challenged in court.

Surely what they are alleging does contravene uk law though if our submitted accounts are intentionally misleading/deceptive?

Wouldn’t the comparison be the private members club believes you’ve been getting pissed in the bar area every night then driving home?

Surely what they are alleging does contravene uk law though if our submitted accounts are intentionally misleading/deceptive?

Wouldn’t the comparison be the private members club believes you’ve been getting pissed in the bar area every night then driving home?
Not from my understanding. EG:

I do some work for you & send an invoice with my bank details. The invoice is paid in full, & the contract is considered completed in full.

Now if it turns out you got your rich Gran to pay the invoice for you, that's got nothing to do with me. I just want to get paid.

Drunk driving is illegal, but there's nothing in UK Law which states a family member can't pay a bill for you, but evidently UEFA & the PL created a private members club rule that they can't.

Not from my understanding. EG:

I do some work for you & send an invoice with my bank details. The invoice is paid in full, & the contract is considered completed in full.

Now if it turns out you got your rich Gran to pay the invoice for you, that's got nothing to do with me. I just want to get paid.

Drunk driving is illegal, but there's nothing in UK Law which states a family member can't pay a bill for you, but evidently UEFA & the PL created a private members club rule that they can't.
Thanks.

I think I’m misunderstanding the accusation then. If the rich gran paying the bill should have been declared on my companies house submission but I wilfully omitted it (for whatever motivation) then I would think I’m acting illegally.

It just feels almost inevitable that the severity of what the premier league are accusing in terms of deception within audited accounts can’t be illegal.

Given the world we live in and the allegations of cover ups by large organisations with social responsibility (see BBC) then if there was even a possibility City had broken the law then the Premier League would be duty bound to report it to the relevant authority.

*in fact could City not self refer to the financial authorities if they believe they are being accused of something illegal. It would be an interesting play given any criminal proceedings would have to be dealt with before the civil matter and it would be problematic for the premier league to continue with its process if City had been cleared.

Thanks.

I think I’m misunderstanding the accusation then. If the rich gran paying the bill should have been declared on my companies house submission but I wilfully omitted it (for whatever motivation) then I would think I’m acting illegally.

It just feels almost inevitable that the severity of what the premier league are accusing in terms of deception within audited accounts can’t be illegal.

Given the world we live in and the allegations of cover ups by large organisations with social responsibility (see BBC) then if there was even a possibility City had broken the law then the Premier League would be duty bound to report it to the relevant authority.
Try not to overthink it mate. FFP is as blatantly bent as that. It was created merely to stop City, & any future City's from challenging the European elite.

What illustrates this even more is if I wanted to refurbish my business premises, & send all the staff out for training & take on a plethora of Apprentices, it's perfectly fine to use my rich Gran's money.

However, if I wanted to entice top industry professionals to work for my business, but use my rich Gran's money to do it, that's considered against the industry rules. Why? Because the industry's ruling body doesn't think it fair I should be able to challenge the elite, because I've got a minted Gran. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

In the real world, if I had a rich Gran willing to bankroll me, that just my good fortune, but in European football they want to bring back capital punishment for breaking their private members club rules. \0/

Would they have legal requirement to report tho ? I suspect not but would be open to criminal charges should the drunk person crash and hurt someone and also open to loosing the license even if he didn’t crash

Would they have legal requirement to report tho ? I suspect not but would be open to criminal charges should the drunk person crash and hurt someone and also open to loosing the license even if he didn’t crash

Enough with the analogies already. No-one is getting hurt even if the club did manipulate its accounts. Keep it real, folks, or at least keep it relevant.

Enough with the analogies already. No-one is getting hurt even if the club did manipulate its accounts. Keep it real, folks, or at least keep it relevant.
The point is that they are in affect alleging that the law was broken via fraud if you de fraud a bank or someone and they get the money back via insurance credit card company or you pay it back you have still committed a crime and there should still be an investigation by the police etc not just by the companies involved

Maybe the charges announced in such a number and coming from the entire EPL was really a sham to get each club's administrators to go back years through their own books to see if some discrepancy could be found which links each one of them to some dealing with City.
Anything found might be harmless and innocent but in knowing that every other club is looking at their finances might lead to closer inspection in the hope that some discrepancy can be found.
One club doing it my lead to something trivial but if all clubs did it then they could try to make out that we were transgressing on an industrial scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.