The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Drove down Clayton Lane & noticed restriction signs - permit only between midday & 9pm. still loads of city fans parked there. Anyone get a ticket???
All the residents bays were full to the north of the ground in industrial areas, expected many to be chancing it with the 90 mins, plus cars on double yellow as the rain had covered them, and lots of 100% pavement parking.

There were anomalies where the restrictions just stop and you can park so got a lot closer than normal, but unlikely to happen in the future. The 90 mins bays does make it hard for wardens to cover a large area and do everyone , or they may have been light touch so far, but didn't see tickers. From the past though they are hit and miss, and a night match when it is pissing down probably is the best chance of getting away with it.

Reactions: CC1
Folkestone Road West (after Vale St) has no restrictions. 10-15 mins walk

St Anne’s RC church Carruthers street. About 10 mins walk. £7. Are you staying over? If not then maybe park at Newton le willows station 5 mins off M6 and get the train to Piccadilly (15/20 mins) - not sure of the times back but would save you an hour driving. Free parking at station.
Yes mate we are staying at Salford quay so ideally would like to have the car available as not to sure of the area and the public transport routes

Saw loads on Briscoe Lane in the 90 min bays, didn't see any with tickets. I expect the shithouse wardens were too soft to be out in the rain tonight but no doubt they'll be creeping around next time.
I fucking despise them, no decent person would do such a job, same level as bailiffs.

parking CCTV van
They can't dish out tickets after the fact, need to be done there and then - Deregulation Act 2015 s.53

There are exemptions though like the zig zags outside schools, but not standard double yellow or resident bays.

So parked up at Ashton and got the metro absolutely packed but got to the ground in plenty of time, told my lad no parking near the ground. Came out after the game loads of cars parked on Ashton new road that’s where I normally park no double yellow lines wtf. Had to catch the metro the first one was packed and waited for another one. Looking out of the window no yellow lines anywhere, my question is who started this fucking rumour got home at 23-30 grrrr

Saw loads on Briscoe Lane in the 90 min bays, didn't see any with tickets. I expect the shithouse wardens were too soft to be out in the rain tonight but no doubt they'll be creeping around next time.
I fucking despise them, no decent person would do such a job, same level as bailiffs.
The wife dropped us off on Ashton new road seen two wardens checking that the cars had blue badges before kickoff.
When she arrived early to pick us up she seen a different two doing the same Also what looked like a camera/video( not police van) van doing the rounds.CTID

They can't dish out tickets after the fact, need to be done there and then - Deregulation Act 2015 s.53

There are exemptions though like the zig zags outside schools, but not standard double yellow or resident bays.
I think there is an exception if it’s not practical or safe to use a civil enforcement officer aswell. I am sure they will try to claim it’s not practical to have enough people to cover such a large area.

I was wondering how they would cover all the bays as it would need 100s of wardens to get round twice. CCTV vans would seem like the practical solution for the council.
We aren’t really going to know for a week or so if anyone got fines if they have used a van, hopefully we know before Everton game.
I think a lot parked up last night not even looking as they always park there. Seen a couple of posts about no signs on roads where they are definitely there so maybe they have missed a few bays which will help with appeals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.