PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No not just according to City fans but according to the City exec team that have faced these accusations before & prevailed.

It’s very hard to have a grown up conversation about anything on here when people are this dishonest from the outset.

The city executives have not faced these accusations before, that is a lie, and it’s a shit lie because everyone in this thread knows it’s a lie.

They faced accusations of breaking different rules written by a different organisation over a different time frame and most likely (we can’t know because it’s not been revealed) for different points of fact.

I'm responding to exactly what you wrote. If you mean something different, say so & I'll respond accordingly.

Oh really? Point to where I endorsed or even mentioned ffp or psr?

I specifically said financial controls and not FFP/PSR precisely because I was talking about all other sports and other systems.

Surely the most distorting financial factor in domestic football is income from the Champions League.

If the entirety of a club's income was from the domestic league, disparity of spending power could be easily controlled simply by an equitable distribution of collective income.

However, the PL does not stand in isolation. 4 clubs each season have a very material income stream from an external competition, the CL. That income stream ensures that the clubs in the CL have always been able to spend more than the others, and gain every advantage over those that aren't.

Therefore unless an owner of a non-CL participating club can invest, they simply are either not going to be able to access that income stream or will be unable to maintain that income stream long enough to establish themselves as a regular recipient of CL money.

PSR does nothing to address that position, indeed, it consolidates it.

Last edited:
It’s very hard to have a grown up conversation about anything on here when people are this dishonest from the outset.

The city executives have not faced these accusations before, that is a lie.

They faced accusations of breaking different rules written by a different organisation over a different time frame and most likely (we can’t know because it’s not been revealed) for different points of fact.

That's pretty dishonest as well.

The two are very similar, are linked, and they cover the same set of accounts and the same people at the club.

That's pretty dishonest as well.

The two are very similar, are linked, and they cover the same set of accounts and the same people at the club.

There’s nothing dishonest about it.

They do not cover the same set of accounts - or timeframe. PL is 2010-2019, UEFA/CAS was 2014-2019.

They do not cover the same events. Nothing about not disclosing manager or player remuneration in UEFAs investigation,

They did not involve the same parties. UEFA not PL.

They do not relate to the same rules.

Those are indisputable facts.

If they accused a senior member of the UAE government of fraud all hell will break lose from a legal and also a political stand point. It’s going to be a brave member of the three man panel who wants to deliver that verdict within the forum the case is heard in.
Hence why they'd rather use the court of public opinion to damage our reputation.

We as fans have a duty to do what our owner & management can't. We need to keep highlighting that we're essentially being accused of fraud on an industrial scale, but then question why no football authorities have ever come out & used the word against us?

They've had 11 years of nods & winks in our direction, & yet we've never been accused of anything illegal, or had the word fraud levelled against us. Ask opposition fans why?

When I've done so, they've all shut up & fucked off.

There’s nothing dishonest about it.

They do not cover the same set of accounts - or timeframe. PL is 2010-2019, UEFA/CAS was 2014-2019.

They do not cover the same events. Nothing about not disclosing manager or player remuneration in UEFAs investigation,

They did not involve the same parties. UEFA not PL.

They do not relate to the same rules.

Those are indisputable facts.

It is dishonest. In the sense you are hanging on a technicality to deflect a valid point.

I.E. fact one is Uefa and one is the PL.

Both investigations are a consequence of the email hacks and der spiegel allegations. Of course they both cover the same accounts, don't be so obtuse. The period is longer because the investigation has gone on longer. The same people have faced the same allegations, and are dealing with the same issue. Just by a different body, but as part of the same implication.

The city executives have not faced these accusations before, that is a lie, and it’s a shit lie because everyone in this thread knows it’s a lie.

Don’t be a dick. The charges are all based on allegations that came from the Der Spiegel leaks. So no they haven’t faced 115 charges from the premier league but all charges have come from the same source of information & our execs have stated we have irrefutable evidence & I have no reason to doubt considering our execs seem calm as fuck & the results of CAS showed just how amateur & prejudiced the UEFA case was.

As I also said if the premier league was confident with their evidence they wouldn’t have loaded 115 charges. They’d go big on 1 or 2 years on the most likeable conviction & get it over & done with.

You have kind of generalised an already broad question. And while that is fair and I don't disagree with your view, I find your inability to resist throwing in a dismissive disecting of the forum and it's failures a bit unnecessary.

This is not a personal thing, I say the same for anyone that mocks entire threads or comes onto a specific topic to be amused at others' interest in that topic.

I don't think your assumption above is entirely teue, I've seen plenty arguing they would welcome a newcastle, everton, villa etc spending big as a challenge to the league. And when arguing that view, most often it is done on the ffp as is, rather than as a wide concept of spending.

I think the fact that the first and most popular response to my comment was “so no more Manchester City’s” proves that I’m not wrong.

Do you know how many Manchester City stories there’s been in the 60 years between all financial restrictions in football being removed and ffp coming in? 2. Maybe 3 if you want to include Bournemouth

Out of over a hundred professional clubs in England.

No one in the rest of the country is saying “I hope they get rid of ffp so that we have a 1 in a million chance of becoming the next city story”.

Clearly a forum of City fans has about as biased a view on FFP as is possible. Of course we do, again if we can’t acknowledge our own biases then we can’t have a grown up conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.