Club Badge (merged)

I really hope that city don't fuck this up now, especially as we've seen what the badge could look like due to GeekinGav's designs. City are fools for not consulting him, absolute genius in my opinion. If we end up with a badge like Melbourne's I'll be fuming

'absolute genius', you say?? why, thank you!! do ..... you come here often?? are ...... you single??? ...... lol

as football is a passion, Cityzens is meant as a City Supporters Religion, Zen is the state of mind that all City supporters share and is a collective for all City fans to identify with together.

I think of the logo as the earth and the moon .... the earth as City, the club and the moon as the fans. where as the moon orbits the earth at a distance, supporters follow the cliub with only a degree of involvement in the club. but with the moon looking like its been pulled to the earth or is joining it, the fans are now part of the club, an interaction of the club, not an entity that orbits the club from a far. It is a symbol of bringing everyone together.

So your telling me that the people who designed the Cityzens logo
b1f923ae23ec9c8544d5c5190eefe366.jpeg

...are going to design the club badge?

I said I wanted a Falcon(a good "local" bird none of these foreign Eagles) so I mocked one up myself... and before you mock me... I don't have Photoshop setup yet. :)
288r0ab.jpg

Are we all hoping for the old badge a bit too much? I assume it can't be very closely related to the old badge, because the owner of that one would take us to court over intellectual property or something?

as football is a passion, Cityzens is meant as a City Supporters Religion, Zen is the state of mind that all City supporters share and is a collective for all City fans to identify with together.

I think of the logo as the earth and the moon .... the earth as City, the club and the moon as the fans. where as the moon orbits the earth at a distance, supporters follow the cliub with only a degree of involvement in the club. but with the moon looking like its been pulled to the earth or is joining it, the fans are now part of the club, an interaction of the club, not an entity that orbits the club from a far. It is a symbol of bringing everyone together.

I totally understand the ideas behind the "Cityzens" concept mate, but it just doesn't work on any level. First of all the word just looks clumsy and cringeworthy. It almost looks like the concept was developed by someone who's first language isn't English and they don't realise how awkward the word looks being mis-spelled.

In English the colloective nown of people living in a city is citizens. That would have been fine as a name, but adding the 'y' just makes it all a bit embarrassing and desperate.

The loose pun on City fans achieving Zen just doesn't work either. Zen is a state of calmness and inner peace. How becoming a member of the club has got anything to do with a state of inner peace is beyond me. Suppprting City is about passion, loyalty, fighting until the end, pretty much the opposite of a state of calm.

Then the design itself blows the rest of thd concept out of the water with it's shitness. Again I understand the thought process of the world and the blue moon, but the actual design is just diabolical. It looks like the company logo of budget European mobile phone network in the late 90s.

Being an in-house graphic designer takes a huge amount of skill, far more than I'm capable of. But designing flyers is a whole different world from creating an iconic worldwide brand.

This badge should be an iconic symbol that reaches hearts and minds around the world for the next 30 years at least. It's imperative that we get it absolutely right, so why not use the absolute best person we can? We need the graphic design version of Sergio Aguero, not Barry Conlon.

The club has commissioned Shepherd Fairey to do work for us before, now that's a genius graphic designer, Rafael Esquer who did the Made in NY brand designed the NYCFC badge and did a superb job. When experts in their field are available, why would you use the in-house designer who has come up with the Cityzens and Melbourne City monstrosities? It just doesn't make any sense.

Reminder - videos of the badges here and details of how to book for my lectures on the history of the badges and their elements http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/October/Badge-Consultation

Again, worth reminding everyone that this is not a choice between badge A, B or C from our past, it's about what elements matter to you. It's important to use the various consultation opportunities to get your views to the club. Don't assume they'll see your comments here, send them in to City. Tell them what you think and don't assume someone else has. So if you're desperate for a circular badge, eagle, stars, unicorn, lion, bee, rose, ship, rivers/lines, elephant, the Hacienda lines, or whatever tell them. Also, think about colours, shapes, styles and the way items face - Arsenal turned their cannon around and our lines/rivers have changed colour, so what's acceptable and what's not. Let's all use this process and get our views known. Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.